Review: RCautoworks Pre-built block - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 beachbum is learning the way of the Dbeachbum is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Review: RCautoworks Pre-built block

I contacted Bob at RCautoworks about their advertised pre-built block. He told me the price, everything that was included with it (Rods, Vitara pistons, oil pump, etc.). I agreed, sent the money, and we were off!

Their shop sourced a Z6 block for me and sent it to the machine shop for work. Bob constantly kept in contact with me with updates, and always responded to my PM's quickly. He even sent me progress pics as things were progressing on the block, way after normal work hours in some cases. Above and beyond in my opinion.

Once the block was completely finished he shipped it to me (which was already included in the original price). Yes, shipped it from the shop in Illinois to my house in central California. I received it on my door step last week, and I am very impressed with the quality of the work! The block looks top notch!

On with the pictures!!

On the stand already.

Without a doubt I am extremely satisfied to this point with the whole transaction and product. Bob and everybody at their shop have done a fantastic job. The customer service and communication was excellent!

This is the second transaction I have had with RCautoworks, the first being the no-slop shift linkage here: Shift Linkage Review

Don't hesitate to do business with them!

Will update this thread once I get the engine installed and running...

Last edited by beachbum; 08-08-2012 at 09:52 PM.
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

good to hear. Bob's good ppl

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

That's fantastic to hear, it looks beautiful. Now beat on it, that's how I would review a motor.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Cdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Looks good, if you don't mind..how much?
Cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Damn that's clean! Now do work son and get her going!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 beachbum is learning the way of the Dbeachbum is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdizzle_996 View Post
Looks good, if you don't mind..how much?
RCautoworks Pre-Built Blocks Page 5, post 85. That's the price I paid as stated, $2,200. I believe it's cheaper if you have a good usable core. You'd have to ask Bob though for the definitive answer on that.
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

I believe that the site does explain the details on sending in a block to be done. You can't send him a trashed motor for rebuild. It has to be in good condition. Otherwise it will be rejected. I'm sure he does this to protect himself from legal issues as well as insure top quality builds. But you can't deny that the workmanship is incredible.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Known Bob and Brandon at RCAutoworks for many years now; actually just got off the phone with him to inquire about the rods/pistons they've been selling. Good shop to do business with!
paopao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

to Bob and RC Autoworks. Good people.

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

wow, talk about bad timing.

my EF is for sale and i gladly would have sold my built D15b block for way less.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
I believe that the site does explain the details on sending in a block to be done. You can't send him a trashed motor for rebuild. It has to be in good condition. Otherwise it will be rejected. I'm sure he does this to protect himself from legal issues as well as insure top quality builds. But you can't deny that the workmanship is incredible.
Correct, the main reason we do it is we need a good solid core to start with. We do it so we don't have any issues in the long run, bent crank, out of round journal ect.... Its just better to start with a fresh block that has never seen any damage.

RCautoworks,
7434 w 90th
Bridgeview, Illinois
( 708 ) 599 5884

Your one stop shop

Specializing in high horse power cars,
Dyno tuning, street tuning, in house fabrication, routine maintenance
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie

And thanks for all the feedback guys, we make the process simple, yes it cost some money but if you do the math and calculate parts and labor, the price isn't bad at all.

RCautoworks,
7434 w 90th
Bridgeview, Illinois
( 708 ) 599 5884

Your one stop shop

Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCautoworks View Post
And thanks for all the feedback guys, we make the process simple, yes it cost some money but if you do the math and calculate parts and labor, the price isn't bad at all.
Thats not bad for someone who just dont know what they are doing. You also forgot to added, since your a site sponsor, in a way they are also helping DSO

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

I'm almost sure bob is a vampire or some sort of undead. as far as the late night replies, i dont think he ever sleeps
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

block looks awesome! and your from visa! i live right by you lol ya bob and his team do awesome work always hear great things about them.
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide View Post
I'm almost sure bob is a vampire or some sort of undead. as far as the late night replies, i dont think he ever sleeps
Seems like it doesn't it , crazy looking back at some of my replies and how late it is.

RCautoworks,
7434 w 90th
Bridgeview, Illinois
( 708 ) 599 5884

Your one stop shop

Old 08-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCautoworks View Post
Seems like it doesn't it , crazy looking back at some of my replies and how late it is.
The aspirations for World domination are supposed to be planned and executed at night. Daylight is for pussies

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
The aspirations for World domination are supposed to be planned and executed at night. Daylight is for pussies
hahaha, so then is my daughter getting up in the middle of the night for food... or planning ?

All these replies and thanks and feedback just reminds me why I love this place and all you guys, and why we keep doing what we do here.

RCautoworks,
7434 w 90th
Bridgeview, Illinois
( 708 ) 599 5884

Your one stop shop

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in