3" Dynomax VT Muffler - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA
Default 3" Dynomax VT Muffler

Ok. Just got my new exhaust done.

3" from turbo back. No reso, no cat.

Just the 3" VT.

Super quiet. I love it.

Not ths best video.. But it's better than nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb06...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

says your video is private

99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky

just fixed it

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!

Old 08-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

I have one. It's gotten a little louder over time not bad tho. Only issue is that ducking flap rattles so much at low revs

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's not TOO bad. Overall it's still better than most.

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Sounds good man!

I was wondering what the rattle was though lol

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Nice! i was looking to that muffler but was going to run a resonator. you should do a drive by and away vid =)

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular

I'll make one next time I drive the sedan. Yeah it took me a bit to find the rattle. For some reason not an issue on the 2.5

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Its still pretty loud.
why not a 30-40 inch cherry pipe in 3inch flavor? no performance hickup, and would kill a couple of decibels

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'll get a better video tomorrow.

I haven't really drove the car this weekend.

I'll have my buddy get a video.

That was from cold start too. But after is warmed up it's not bad. Close to stock for what mods it has.

I've got the Delta 272 cam in there too.

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

the width of video very small...
lunathpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah I don't know what happened. YouTube mobile compressed the hell out of the video

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondalx97 View Post
I'll make one next time I drive the sedan. Yeah it took me a bit to find the rattle. For some reason not an issue on the 2.5
Assuming the same amount of exhaust gas between and 2.5in setup, and 3in setup. My brain tells me that the velocity of the exhaust gas in the 2.5in setup would be higher keeping the flap open more consistently than the 3in setup.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

There is a slight rattle, but its not really metal on metal. More like a... leak sound? But it's only at idle and it's faint inside the car.

I've gotta get another video for you guys.

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Here is some pics:

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Any one else run this? I need it to be quieter.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

The flap on the muffler just broke this morning... Kinda sad because the exhaust was super sleeper.
Now it sounds like a regular 3" magnaflow muffler.
And there is no way to remove the valve from the muffler either.. I'd have to open it up.
I'm sure I could probably get a replacement under warranty, but then I'd have to pay to get it installed again (there was a little modification my welder had to make to get it to fit)

I'll have to get another video up.

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

That totally sucks.

How much mileage on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i like the turn down, they are nice and quite, the 3.0 inch tends to have flap problems from what everyone else has said, i've had issues, mine rattles like a bitch, its very very annoying

Old 11-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosA View Post
The flap on the muffler just broke this morning... Kinda sad because the exhaust was super sleeper.
Now it sounds like a regular 3" magnaflow muffler.
And there is no way to remove the valve from the muffler either.. I'd have to open it up.
I'm sure I could probably get a replacement under warranty, but then I'd have to pay to get it installed again (there was a little modification my welder had to make to get it to fit)

I'll have to get another video up.
Why does everything you touch breaks? Your almost as bad as CJ and his curse.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in