Lightning Motorsports - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Thumbs up Lightning Motorsports

This is a book so I hope you like to read! I have just recently done a couple of transactions with them. Their service has been phenomenal so far!

A few weeks ago I called inquiring about their DOHC ZC ARP Head Stud Kit and possibly price matching the Competition Clutch Forged Ultra Lightweight Steel Flywheel (PN: 2-702-STU) and an Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit (PN: 08801C); since I figured if I am going to be making some big purchases and this place has all the parts I want I can make them at the same place. They picked up the phone quickly and I was not put on hold. I explained I was interested in the DOHC ZC ARP Head Stud Kit and wondered if it was still offered the customer service representative was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what I was talking about and told me that they were still available but were a non-stock item that would be shipped from ARP so shipping time would be increased. I then asked if they priced matched and he told me yes. The customer service rep asked what parts I was interested in price matching and I gave him the name and part numbers and where I found the better price and he quickly found both parts and told me that they could price match both and one was even a slightly better deal. I thanked him for his time and hung up. At the time, though, I could not afford the clutch kit and flywheel but later that evening made the order for the head stud kit via their online store.

Fast forward, I received my head stud kit from ARP after a little while like they explained no issues. I got paid and still had some money saved up as planned for the clutch kit and flywheel. Since I was in a time crunch between school and work I shot them an email explaining the phone call I had a couple weeks ago. It was mid-day Friday, but they responded promptly as we discussed the order through email. They had told me that they sent the payment request through PayPal but I never received anything. I sent another email explaining I had not received anything but it was later in the day on Friday so I am sure they had already gone home (no biggie). Monday morning I had an email in my inbox saying they had resent the PayPal request and if I had received it. One or two emails later we realized that they had misspelled my PayPal address and sent it one more time, this time it went through and I approved the transaction.

Throughout the process their customer service representatives have been prompt, knew the parts I asked about, and were willing to help. Though, I have not had a chance to have an issue with a purchase or part to see how they handle things like returns, or warranty requests, but if their customer service so far is any indication I am sure it will be just as easy as ordering.

At this point I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to purchase a part through them. If I have any issues with my parts or order I will hopefully remember to update this thread to reflect any changes in my opinion of them.

The URL for their website is:
Lightning Motorsports - Made with bits of real lightning, so you know it's good ! - Homepage
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

good find. their walbro kits are nice and cheap too

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 NemaN will become famous soon enoughNemaN will become famous soon enoughNemaN will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I bought some arps to 2-3 years ago from them, and they were the cheapest at that time...
NemaN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

They are still around for a reason, customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 SOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Atleast you had a good experience, I will NEVER buy from them again. I was purchasing arp head stud kit for an a6/y8 it took me almost 2 months and 0 emails or calls replied to when i finally told them to refund me my money and I went elsewhere, worst experience I have ever had and never even going to there agina.

SOHCEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Bummer. I got cheap parts quick. Made me happy.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

I first ordered from them in the early '00s.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

I bought my exedy lightweight flywheel from this place.

I also give them the thumbs up, it was the cheapest I found.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

looks like i found a new place to buy parts

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I've dealt with them since I started messing with my car in 06. I got ARP's from them as well as the gasket set that's still in my engine 5 years later. I try to support them since they're in state.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up

Update I already got my flywheel:

Old 07-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 flyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatnessflyinryan122 is approaching greatness
Send a message via MSN to flyinryan122

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
They are still around for a reason, customer service.
This.

I order just about everything from them. Always great service. And fun guys to hang out with at the track as well. I've taken advantage of that opportunity a few times in Vegas LOL.

Golden Eagle, AFI Turbo, Precision Turbo, TiAL, Hondata, CG Racing.

Quote:
Our goals are to fuck shit up with a single cam
flyinryan122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Got my clutch kit in today! They told me it would be an additional like 7 to 10 days. When in reality it was only 10 days from the time of the order. That is on par with average shipping rates. With free shipping I am very happy!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Sory, but i can't open URL... "Connect time out..." bored!

----------------------------------
Note: I like watch movies, listen to music on Youtube and Play funny friv games

Last edited by lunathpro; 08-08-2012 at 01:15 AM.
lunathpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I have done business with them for nearly 9 years. Excellent people, great prices, and way beyond great customer service. Tom and his crew are well worth dealing with for anything.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in