Sachs KF702-03CB Clutch Set from O'Reily auto parts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA
Default Sachs KF702-03CB Clutch Set from O'Reily auto parts

A few days ago my clutch started slipping like hell(couldn't rev past 1.5) and my ISB has been bad for over a year so it's time to swap it out. I have a Quaife LSD Bone spec transmission going back in with the KF702-03CB clutch. I've told a few people on here but it seems like no one wanted to pick it up so I figured I'll do a review on it to get the word out more.

The KF702-03CB is a 6 puck sprung clutch, it's not rated in HP numbers but it does have a LIFETIME WARRANTY! With 2 day shipping/tax it was $202.34.

Link: Sachs KF702-03CB - Clutch Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

On to the pics:

Axle nuts are being a b!tch so haven't installed it yet but I'll have it done by this weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

Here is the reason why the clutch went out...

Getting there:

To Be Continued

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...

Last edited by HondaDNA; 07-08-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

lol
Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

id love to know how much tq that holds
Old 07-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

what car? motor? is this clutch going on? im curious cause ive thought of getting this one but havent heard much from it..
ITR front brakes
ES poly bushings
function & form coilovers
Odyssey 680

Boost coming soon
rotciv005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I wish I could get one for my wagon, but my TOB is different and I don't want to have to pay $30 extra for a freaking TOB
Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff3tt View Post
I wish I could get one for my wagon, but my TOB is different and I don't want to have to pay $30 extra for a freaking TOB
reuse urs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
reuse urs?
I have no idea how old the current TOB is or in what kind of shape it is in really so I would not risk continued use it if I was going to go through all the effort to replace the clutch anyway. Also it would bug me to buy that clutch kit and get an extra TOB I could never use... Why buy things twice?

Though, if I had a 2wd Civic I'd probably be all over that clutch kit. Sachs is a great brand and the lifetime warranty is too good to pass up.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotciv005 View Post
what car? motor? is this clutch going on? im curious cause ive thought of getting this one but havent heard much from it..
I have a 95 Acura Integra w/D16Z6

Quote:
Old 07-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff3tt View Post
I have no idea how old the current TOB is or in what kind of shape it is in really so I would not risk continued use it if I was going to go through all the effort to replace the clutch anyway. Also it would bug me to buy that clutch kit and get an extra TOB I could never use... Why buy things twice?

Though, if I had a 2wd Civic I'd probably be all over that clutch kit. Sachs is a great brand and the lifetime warranty is too good to pass up.
Sachs PC702-01 - Clutch Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Here you go!

Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hasport auto to man mount is pissing me off! It don't want to line up so wasn't able to finish today, it will be done tomorrow thou.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

So far I have 50 miles on it and it holds great. I need to adjust the clutch pedal but thats no biggie.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Drove to North Carolina, over 1000 miles put on her and she grips just fine.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

it better grip fine its brand new
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killaz View Post
it better grip fine its brand new
Should say "holds" power just fine lol

Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 4eyedconekiller

Any updates? I'm contemplating this clutch for my hatch, and wondering if it'll hold up for the small turbo plans I have.

Hows the engagement? Smooth? Any chatter?

'97 DX Hatch - Ugly Duckling - tinted tails, Del Sol seats, exhaust leak. DD work in progress.

Last edited by 4eyedconekiller; 10-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.
4eyedconekiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Only has chatter in reverse(I have LSD so IDK if that has anything to do with it, but these have no Marcels and are solid so can chatter in low gear and reverse), engagement can be very grabby(it's a six puck so its expected), I do believe this would be equivalent to Competition Clutch's stage 4.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

so the clutch pedal feels heavy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaDNA View Post

On to the pics:

Axle nuts are being a b!tch so haven't installed it yet but I'll have it done by this weekend.
Looks almost like a 6 puck but not. For $202 Its not gonna hold like a comp stage 4.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough4eyedconekiller will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 4eyedconekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
Looks almost like a 6 puck but not. For $202 Its not gonna hold like a comp stage 4.
My noobishness might be about to show, but how is that not a 6 puck? Even if it doesnt hold like a Comp stage 4, it would likely hold much more than the OEM replacement, and probably work/engage/last a lot longer than anything else you'll likely find for the same $$$

My biggest concerns are with it's drivability. I'm ok with a little bit of a grabby clutch, but not a chattering, light-switch type of engagement.

'97 DX Hatch - Ugly Duckling - tinted tails, Del Sol seats, exhaust leak. DD work in progress.
4eyedconekiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in