Suja1 motoring/PIC coilovers - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ D-series Knowledge Factory Ľ Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Suja1 motoring/PIC coilovers

I ordered these from Suja 1 motoring at the urging of PIC themselves.

I was given a very good price on the APEX (lower level non adjustable) coilovers that was better by about $50 than any of the other vendors carrying PICís products so that was a great start.

I emailed Suja 1 directly and would get replies back in minutes from a mobile address. This guy is available night and day and will answer all your questions. He will not ignore you. I ordered mine in 10k front/8k rear spring rates. He informed me up front that PIC wasnít getting a new batch of coils for another two months and I knew that going in so I didnít mind waiting.

As time went on it turns out that PIC cancelled manufacturing their line of APEX coils. Suja 1 informed me immediately and offered me a refund and a few other options. (PIC is only making the higher end PIC selects (rs2 and rs3) and concentrating on upgrading those through some R&D).

Since I was patient and waited over 3 months Suja 1 worked with me on it and I got the newly designed 8 way adjustable PIC selects in the rates I wanted for the SAME price as the original Apex coils ($795+ insurance for shipping)

Top notch service from Suja One. Use them!

As for the coilovers themselvesÖIíll have them on my CRX in the next two weeks so ill update it post install. I canít wait to see how these respond. Iíll be going from struts/springs from 1991 to these. Iím looking for a good solid connection to the road. Itís going to be handling over comfort as I plan on tracking this car in the near future (hence the stiff spring rates)

Aesthetics: 10/10 beautiful product, dust boots on the interior of the shafts, heavy duty chip resistant coating and the white powder on the springs jumps out at you. The silver PIC color is very nice and all the welds and forming are spot on.

Build quality: 9/10 theyíre heavy and feel very sturdy. The springs are beastly on these things. The top hats are the nicest Iíve ever seen on any coils Iíve ever owned. All the collars and threading spins nicely and the design is very smart. The R&D is evident.

More to come after these are installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00477.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	31746   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00478.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	31747   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00476.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	31748  
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 horny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

you will love them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

horny_devil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Rep Power: 17 CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Suja1 is bad ass. Great guys.
I go to them for dyno runs, even though they are more than an hour away.
They are pretty reasonable on tuning if you need it, and they wont bull shit you around. If you need it they will get it.
PICs are bad ass. I haven't bought any yet, however a friend had them on his four door GSR and was damn fast in his SCCA events, with minimum engine work.

They also have a kick ass BBQ every year.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

well i got these on my CRX tonight and i must say...they kick ass.
they hold the corners down so solidly and nearly ALL of my side to side body roll is eliminated. the car stays planted and definitely feels faster and more responsive in the steering.

the ride quality is better than i expected even slammed down pretty good on 8k/10k spring rates (PA roads are crap) with the dampening on its highest setting. softer for daily driving would be fine but i dont mind a bumpy ride. i like to feel connected to the road.

THESE ARE THE BEST INVESTMENT IVE EVER MADE IN CAR PARTS BAR NONE! 10/10

they also went on in about an hour with not a single issue and they are easily adjsutable. im dropped about 1-3/4" in the front and 2" in the rear for now. even on a crx with 3- year old bushings it still handles like a dream and its considerably more nimble in the corners.

i highly recommend them to anyone wanting a serious set of coils. theyre amazing so far and the fine people at suja are great to deal with. check them out.
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in