Delta Camshaft Review - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Delta Camshaft Review

So living in Washington, I personally walked into Delta Cam and hand delivered my cam and told them I wanted the 272-2 cam. Cam was in great condition clean in a towel in oil. Dropped it off Tuesday.

Said it would be done "Thursday Friday-ish"

Next Wednesday I Called and said "Hey Just wondering what's up?"

Said "Oh it's done come in."

Picked it up and they charged 165 for the grind. Brought $181. Just a random amount I had. Charged $180.50. Thought they would be more inclined to do a cash deal but I guess not. Gave me a shirt though... It was just grey and it said "Delta Cam (Address, Phone Number)"

No Pictures, just text. A plain grey with a little blue text on the left chest.

So I walked out with my cam, T-Shirt and my 50 Cents.

Took it home and opened the box and looked closely at it under my bright lights and see it covered in hair, fuzz dirt and engine oil. I have also noticed little rust streaks under the oil that I do not feel at all or rub off.

Also when I got it back I noticed these little two concave indents that looks like it was touched up with a grinder. Below is a picture. Surface is smooth with indents

Now I have to clean it somehow maybe in the solvent tank then in oil.

Make your own opinions! I just shared my experience of an in-person transaction.

Also I asked about shims and he said no, just make sure you adjust your valve lash to
.006 int
.008 exh.

So that's all!
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Have any "before" pictures?
Quote:
see it covered in hair, fuzz dirt and engine oil.
Normal +++ The oil is there to keep the rust away It just happens to attract everything else. Shims are overrated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

Yes, I understand what the oil is for, just found it peculiar that the lobes were rusted and that I received the cam unclean.

Also, I did not take pictures of the cam because it was undamaged and didn't think to photo it at every possible angle.

I believe the marks are not optimal although it should not cause excessive wear due to the absence of material rather than something to catch on.

I do have some concern over the oil seal possibly not sealing completely though.

And curious why those marks were made when my cam had no surface flaws to begin with.

Anyhow.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Did you talk to Jon about your concerns before posting here? In my experiences, he has gone above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied with every aspect of the transaction. If you have a concern, call him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yes I planned on it.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Are you sure it is your own cam core? As in, sure that your core was not mixed up with someone else's while in storage? Rust takes a little time to form, it won't happen in a couple of days.

Talk to Jon. See what he says about your concerns.

I didn't get the part where you were charged extra. Any explanation given for that? Did you end up paying by cash or cc?

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oh I expected the Cam grind to be 165, but I didn't expect them charging me tax with cash but legally they have to I guess.

Just was an unexpected expense.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

paying tax was unexpected? lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah I've been buying online a lot lately, and used to machine shops doing cash deals.... No names lol, But I'm not griping, was just like "Oh shit, I forgot" when he said 180.50, and was glad I had 181.

I called and talked to him and he acted as if he knew what I was talking about, so I assume he did. I voiced my concern about oil leakage and he said, "It was to prevent oil leakage."

I didn't know that, and not sure how that works, but that's what he said!

Last edited by TheToaster; 06-08-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

Isnt it all labor so there shouldnt be tax? U didnt buy any parts from them
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPorting View Post
welcome to Washington state lol. We tax any "service" around here.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!

If it's in your state you're supposed to pay sales tax. If you order it from another state you dont pay sales tax.

There's like two oddball states that dont have sales tax. But all the rest do.

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
If it's in your state you're supposed to pay sales tax. If you order it from another state you dont pay sales tax.

There's like two oddball states that dont have sales tax. But all the rest do.
oregon and Montana are the 2 that dont.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Under the table cash pay ftw!
So is everything cherry now or what

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

He said that those were there to help oil seal. I have no idea how. That's what he told me multiple times. So I was like, "Alright" because I didn't know anything about it.

Figure I'll just run it.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
He said that those were there to help oil seal. I have no idea how. That's what he told me multiple times. So I was like, "Alright" because I didn't know anything about it.

Figure I'll just run it.
They are, I've seen them all the time. They are little grooves for the cam seal "lip" to pop into. Honda did it from the factory, so they did it for a reason.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 12 TheAssassin is hot as a volcanoTheAssassin is hot as a volcano
TheAssassin is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-hatch86 View Post
oregon and Montana are the 2 that dont.
Delaware doesn't have sales tax either.
My Build Thread

237 avg. hp 208 avg. tq 4750-7200rpm
Calculating Average Horsepower
TheAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 uxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPorting View Post
I would assume that the cost of the cam regrind isn't just the labor itself, its the cost of wear and tear for machines/tools, which cost money and are taxed.

Though my dad owns a roofing company and doesn't have to pay tax on wood and stuff because its for the business, which i don't fully understand, but i'm not an accountant.

But when i lived in AK and came to washington to visit, i never had to pay tax on school clothes because i wasn't a resident of WA, i just showed my AK id and signed a form for tax exempt.

Oh, and to the OP, if he told you your cam is fine, its fine. He's a very nice guy and helps the d-community, and we help him. I don't think he'd try to screw you. And if he did, you probably brought him the wrong beer.
uxaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

haha nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

man, I paid like 50 for a 272 back in the day.
Advertisement

Tags
272-2, cam, delta, lobe, review

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in