B&M Dual Bend Short Shifter - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default B&M Dual Bend Short Shifter

I recently purchased this SS and I must say, it is quite amazing. Designed very well. Came with all the gaskets and grease needed. Straight forward install in my VX hatch.

Picked it up on ebay for less than $60 shipped
ohdamngetit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Post a pic?
Rex-Mob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I'll take a pic of the finished product after work today and post up.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Interested, when I went to install mine, it looked like a bushing or something was missing where the bolt goes through it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

did it maybe need you to reuse your stock bushing?? or they could have forgot to give it to you.

and thats a pretty good price i wanna see how that turned out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

The SS didn't come with a bushing kit. It only came with orange O-rings. I'm still waiting on the Energy Suspension shift linkage bushing kit. That should be in soon. I'll post another thread on that.

and I forgot to mention, I already installed the SS. Just gonna snap some pics later tonight.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I think mine, the bearing in the bottom was larger than the bolt that fit through the linkage, or vice versa, it's been a while since I tested it. I just remember something didn't line up when I went to install it. I bought mine through work for like $50 a couple of years ago.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
I think mine, the bearing in the bottom was larger than the bolt that fit through the linkage, or vice versa, it's been a while since I tested it. I just remember something didn't line up when I went to install it. I bought mine through work for like $50 a couple of years ago.
oohhhh, I know what you mean. The guide you insert into the bottom SS. I had to pack a lot of grease and mallet to get that in there. Prior to that, I was wire brushing off the rust like a mad man haha
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

So did you get a dual bend/single bend/straight shaft?

Pics of the bottom and what was used in that spot of possible.

IIRC my energy shitfer bushing kit only came with the one on the trans

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I pulled the B&M dual bend off the Civic I parted out last year. IT was my bro in laws car and I helped him install it 5 years ago. Had no issues what so ever with the install then or last year when I replaced the Edlebrock single bend (towards the driver). I love mine.

Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

I was looking at getting one of those too. How was the install? Probably not to bad I would guess. About an hour?
1999EJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

did you go with a weighted shift knob also?

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
So did you get a dual bend/single bend/straight shaft?

Pics of the bottom and what was used in that spot of possible.

IIRC my energy shitfer bushing kit only came with the one on the trans
My bad guys, didn't get to take pics last night X_X

I ended up getting the dual bend. awesome, IMO. My bushing kit has not come in yet but I'll let ya know what I get once it's received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999EJ8 View Post
I was looking at getting one of those too. How was the install? Probably not to bad I would guess. About an hour?
It was like half an hour install if you don't run into any bolts or screws that don't wanna come out. Pretty straight forward on the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40MPGd15b7 View Post
did you go with a weighted shift knob also?
I'm actually looking into this now. Still running the stock. Any you can recommend? Thanks!

Last edited by ohdamngetit; 05-25-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie

anything but stock, haha. having the short shifter makes it a little firm going into gear, having a weighted one is nice. its personal prefrence how heavy of one you want, lol. im picking up a 540 gram one next week.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Got the same shifter......b n m dual bend.......had to reuse the stock bushing by other then that its perfect. No issues with the install like you said pretty straight forward. Got mines off craigslist for $50 bnib!
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40MPGd15b7 View Post
anything but stock, haha. having the short shifter makes it a little firm going into gear, having a weighted one is nice. its personal prefrence how heavy of one you want, lol. im picking up a 540 gram one next week.
You ain't kidding. The short shifting is great! but going into gears is firm. Payday is next week... better get my research on haha
Old 05-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelts-face View Post
Got the same shifter......b n m dual bend.......had to reuse the stock bushing by other then that its perfect. No issues with the install like you said pretty straight forward. Got mines off craigslist for $50 bnib!
Nice price! I've installed a Buddy Club Short Shifter into an EP3 before and it was a pain in the d!ck... no jokes. The EG was a walk in the park!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

I like the throw of a short shifter. But that doesn't mean we should shift faster because of it. There are guys on here who have killed trans for shifting too fast. To me it feels more precise and there is less play. Looking at a dual bend myself. My bro had a weighted knob and it felt killer so I def recommend one.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

the precision of the short shifter is nice, no play in gears lilke its in neutral. and no play back and forth in neutral. my knob is lightly weighted, cant wait to get the 540 gram knob, though.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 XxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the DXxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i love this shifter to paired with the enegry shift linkage bushing and a weighed shift knob. never missed a gearand honestly it feels like the throw was shorter than my previous shifters, skunk2, ebay, stock. also the price is super fair. i liked it so much im actually on my 34th car and on all my honda's i go back to this short shifter.

XxTACTIKZxX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in