f**k SafeLite - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default f**k SafeLite

today i got my windsheild replaced at a SafeLite shop. i sat there for 1.5hrs reading truck mags(all they had -.-) and watching them giggle at my civic. when i got it back i got in and drove off then i noticed a nice lagre glob of polyurathena protroding onto my dash on the passnger side. i then looked arond to see there was more on both apillers and the headliner. so
i turned around and guned it. when i got bac to the shop i looked over it carefully and noticed the sithy job they did puting in the window molding, it was sticking up around the windsheild abt a 1/4inch and the was a nice gapeing hole on the top drviers corner. went ask the service writer to grab the tech who did my car. she didnt grab the guy who worked on it but a guy who had been working there a long time. i talk to him in the most calm voice i could and he told me. the guy who worked on your car is newish, oem fits WERID but he did tell me i could come back tomorrow and getthe exesse poly scaped off my car. anyone ever have thos konda of an exp. when getting a new windowshield or any kinda of glass? and how would you handle this any better?
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Bummer, sounds like you would have better luck going to pretty much any other shop.
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....

ya if they wont fix rit right omorrow im gona have them give me my money back ill have em give my money back ,the inspection sticker, and ill drive it with out glass to another shop. and insurance didnt pay for this, it was 240$ outa pocket.
Quote:

Last edited by ForeverDeath; 05-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

now with pix!! took these just now when i got of work. strange thing is my step dad had have 2 windows replaced and one repaired in the last 4year and they have always done a perfect job.

Quote:

Last edited by ForeverDeath; 05-15-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

and u were calm? lol wow man im proud of you... id be pissed as hell
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 _Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

That install is just terrible. I would have lost it. Why wouldn't they fix it right away?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_Jack_Bauer_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

they told me the glue would be a huge mess,but the install told me it was dry at 3:45, i came back at 4. also i had work a 6 so i was like fuck it ill kick your ass tomorrow
Quote:
Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
and u were calm? lol wow man im proud of you... id be pissed as hell
i tried but i couldnt i was hella pissed.
Quote:
Old 05-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Exactly why I'm paranoid about having anything done to my car by some random douche. What a shitty experience, I feel for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k View Post
Exactly why I'm paranoid about having anything done to my car by some random douche. What a shitty experience, I feel for you.
i do 99.5% of the work on my car the only people i let work on it is my last GFs uncle and dad they own a shop and they do so supreb work. i figured since they did such a great job for my stepdad 4 times they were legit and they got tons of commerricals that they were legit...
Quote:
Old 05-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 90efz6 is learning the way of the D90efz6 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Well it sounds like they're at least going to try to make it right so that should mean something shouldn't it?
90efz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90efz6 View Post
Well it sounds like they're at least going to try to make it right so that should mean something shouldn't it?
well yes but when the experinced guys said "OEM molding doesnt fit very well" i got doubtful and ingnorant. we will see i be bringing me buddy with me tomorrow.
Quote:

Last edited by ForeverDeath; 05-15-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Ok,0 so i went back today (30mi one way) and the guy looked it over and cleaned it up, and was he said seemed to makes sense today. he was going to redo whole install but his manager wasn't there so i will have to come back tomorrow for him to redo it if his boss aggress which imo now should be no issue. there going to redo if with aftermaket molding to better fit the "aftermarket windshield".
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

I had Safelite mobile do an aftermarket windshield install on my '92 VX hatch with minimal sealant squish. He said he was into cars himself and I got him talking about my plans to boost it. He did a good job for me. Its hit or miss, and it seems like you unfortunately got a noob install tech. Bummer...but it sounds like they'll set you straight. Minus the gas money.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i fix safelite problems everyday at work. its nothing new for me to see

safelite only train there worker for 6 weeks and send them on the road by them selfs

windshields should never be installed by one person, because it puts alot of stress on the glass and because once the glass is in the glue you dont have much play room to move the windshield where it needs to be without causing problems.

i recommend small shops with 10 years or more of experience

"OEM molding doesnt fit very well"

^^^thats bullshit^^^

and btw that is not an OEM molding that is saftlite aftermarket molding
la_hondas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_hondas View Post
i fix safelite problems everyday at work. its nothing new for me to see

safelite only train there worker for 6 weeks and send them on the road by them selfs

windshields should never be installed by one person, because it puts alot of stress on the glass and because once the glass is in the glue you dont have much play room to move the windshield where it needs to be without causing problems.

i recommend small shops with 10 years or more of experience

"OEM molding doesnt fit very well"

^^^thats bullshit^^^

and btw that is not an OEM molding that is saftlite aftermarket molding
i watched him and 3 other guys put the glass IN, the EXP GUY did the glue, but the NOOB did everything else. one guy there who didnt touch my car but did oogle over my DIY LCD ecu readout in the cupholder and the ecu with lexan cover in the passenger foot well. hes was into hondas and talked to me for a bit on how he use to have a crx with a dohc zc, now has a 5th gen lude, while wait and couldn't comprehed Truck mags.

when i talked to d****, he said there are certain cars that they know the "OEM" molding wont fit, he called em germlins, and he stated basically all 90's Hondas among others?!?! you sir are wise, rep for you
Quote:

Last edited by ForeverDeath; 05-22-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

I would flip shit! I would call everybody and anybody involved and their superior.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

There is only one place that I trust to do glass for me.

Sucks man. I had one put in by a shop that was cheap, and it is/was obvious why it was a cheap job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

They fucked my buddies hatch up, molding was all jacked, gave him a tinted windshield when he wanted non-tinted, etc etc. Contrarily I was happy when they did mine a couple months back except for the fact that they left me with no rear view mirror because it wasn't oem and wouldn't slide on the new bracket.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Looks like they tried to re-use your old moulding

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in