dc sports intake yeah or ne? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 civic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default dc sports intake yeah or ne?

hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried the dc intakes or not.
civic2thaflo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I have not, but my buddy has one on this 00 si, he loves it, very nice, gotta luv DC SPORTS!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 civic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enoughcivic2thaflo will become famous soon enough

sweet, found a honda parts dealer that was getting rid of its inventory, got the full cold air system for $40 shipped

Old 01-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

anyone else got any input, just curious, want to know as much as possible, since the series is discontinued since aem bought dc sports, not to much as far as ratings and dyno sheets.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I remember them being LOUD as fuck

they are called " DAC Intakes " right ?
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 12:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

yeah, thats the one sqad, any other info? i am goin pick it up on friday
Old 01-26-2005, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

a friend of mine had one of his EX and it was loud as shit ( from what I remember , this WAS high school )

and all I could hear was his intake, no exhaust .... just LOUD sucking of air
Old 01-26-2005, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

crazy, i have a k&n short ram on now, but at 40 bux for a ful cold air system brand new with filter, i could not pass it up. will be interesting to contrast the two, i will have to do before and after sound clips.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

just an fyi i found an old article with the info i was lookin for

short ram
http://www.tprmag.com/issue/1/sr-results.shtml

cai
http://www.tprmag.com/issue/1/ca-results.shtml

I also found out the old dc sports intake uses the same technology as the new aem v2, aem apparently just perfected what they already started.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Go the AEM CAI or the Injen copy.

Dyno proven........

Those tests were on a DOHC motor, no comparable.

My dyno proof..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 01-26-2005 at 02:42 AM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

SWEET!!!!!! :shocked:

that was exactly what i was lookin for thanks transzex, was it the short ram or the full cai?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

read the first line of my post, I believe you MIGHT find the answer somewhere there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

oh, you were saying go with the aem cai or injen, sorry, thought you were saying it was comparable....

well, i got this for 40, so i will give it a shot, but i have used aem and was not impressed too much, but then again, it might have been the filter, but we will see

Last edited by civic2thaflo; 01-26-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Default installed finally

well i installed the intake, took a whole but 15 minutes. it is actually not as loud as i thought it would be based off of what everyone told me. what i have noticed so far is a pretty even spread of power, with an especially nice addition to my top end which is where i needed it most, hopefully i will see some impressive numbers when i go to the dyno, i am in the process of tryin to secure a jdm d15b cam for my cam compare. but so far, the dac cold air gets
Old 03-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

hell yeah, get some pics good to hear the intake worked out!!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2005, 01:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

thanks, it is pretty damn clean, i will post pics up tomorrow, have to wait till the light of day to get a good shot.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatch-attack is learning the way of the Dhatch-attack is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

go aem fo sure
hatch-attack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2005, 01:59 AM   #18 (permalink)

sorry it took so long everyone and forgive the dirty engine pics but here are two i snapped of the bay with the dc inside, i have to say it is definately a drastic improvement over the short ram i had!!!!

Old 04-09-2005, 02:01 AM   #19 (permalink)

haha they still are called DAC intakes thats awesome
Old 04-09-2005, 02:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

yeah, gotta love the logo lol.....

but after i get the car repainted i will be postin some total shots in the showcase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in