Moates.net customer support rocks! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Default Moates.net customer support rocks!

I am sure this has been said enough times already but I just have to say it again. Moates' customer support is second to none!

so my Demon board decided to die today. it was a particularly irritating experience since I felt I was getting somewhere good with my tuning attempts. after saving the latest tune I decided to see how the engine revved without load so I floored the throttle in neutral. it hit the Low Cam limiter at 6000 RPM. so I disabled VTEC Speed Check and floored it again, this time to 7000 RPM and lifted off immediately. the revs came back down to idle and after a second or two I had a CEL and idle at 1500 RPM from the usual 700. limp mode.

I took the ECU cover off and to my dismay the LEDs on the Demon board were dead and NepTune wouldnt connect. I am still not sure if this is a random failure or caused by something specific. decided to reach out to Moates anyway.

me being in India there is a time zone difference and my query submitted via the Moates.net online form reached them sometime early in the morning. by the time I could log off their site and log in to my email account I had a response waiting from none other than the mighty Blundar! after helpfully walking me through a couple of checks he simply asked me to RMA the defective unit and get a free replacement, no questions asked. this is called standing behind one's product and it makes me proud to be associated with people like these.

this stuff being international, logistics would be expensive and / or time consuming and I did not have the patience to wait a month for a replacement. I mentioned this to Dave and he voiced what I had in my head all the time, ie. I pay for another unit, RMA the defective one at my convenience and get refunded when the defective unit was received by Moates. that is exactly what I did.

I will be using a friend's Demon as a stop gap arrangement for the couple of weeks it will take the new Demon to arrive. I can't wait.

all shit is bound to break despite the manufacturer's best efforts. what matters is how the manufacturer handles these instances and in this area Moates is second to none. thank you Craig, Bonnie and Dave!

Old 05-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

They are a great company, I am always very pleased with the timely arrival of my shipments though few. The cool new things they are always releasing make me wish I could call myself an employee.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

moates.net is awesome!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjdmcivicek9xx View Post
moates.net is awesome!!
absolutley, both products and service

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Craig Moates is my hero.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Their site is marked "Private" and wont let me go to it??

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano

they are performing maintenance.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

god, total comedy of errors today when I wanted to buy a Burn2 and some fuel injector plug kits from Xenocron. keeping with their policy they canceled my order because my US shipping address was not the same as my Indian credit card billing address and I was a first time customer.

I sent out an SOS to Craig and his personal intervention, Chris agreed to make an exception in my case and after several goofed up attempts with credit cards, PayPal and the browser acting up, the order is finally in.

it has been quite a day. but all is well that ends well. big shouts to both Craig and Chris.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Ill be using a new demom and this is amother reason why I stand witg them. I have been usong moates forever
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc

Superb customer service.

Replacement Board committed to be shipped even before the old board is returned.
After my Nightmare with Bisi was expecting the same or similar treatment. But boy was I zapped by the response from David.

New board already on its way to me. Just so that we have a unit in time for the races.

OP: Figure out why the first board blew. Or you will blow the 2nd board also. I would just use a fresh OBD1 ECU.
And reeving the engine out in Neutral LOL. Hilarious.

Last edited by rdc; 06-27-2012 at 09:29 PM.
rdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

heh. you never tire of dishing out unsolicited opinions do you Ron?

hope you figured out why *your* board needs replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc View Post
And reeving the engine out to 12000 RPM LOL. Hilarious.
fixed.

Last edited by 007; 06-28-2012 at 12:33 AM.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

boost ben It's a JDM Star Bitches....boost ben It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Xenocron and moates together take care of their customers. Usually when a product brakes and the distributor says 'call the manufacturer' problems start. I had an issue with my ostrich (my fault) and the xenocron moates team fixed the issue, told me what was wrong, and shipped it back to canada for me. I can't remember witch company fixed it, all I know is i shipped it away broken and got it back fixed. Im now running the demon and absolutely love it; moates product, bought from xenocron
boost ben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in