Crower - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Default Crower

Not sure what the issue is with me and camshafts.

I had an OEM cam sent to Crower for some specifications and a regrind. This was back in October 2011. After an email exchange, I had a seller ship a cam to Crower as per Dave Crower's instructions. Dave got back to me with the cam specifications and some regrind options some time later. Didn't receive any reply since December 2011. Kept emailing him sporadically, without any reply.

Sent an email to Crower's general customer service about 2 weeks ago and got a prompt reply. Sent him my previous correspondence with Crower and various details. Turns out the cam core is lost and they have no record of my email exchange.

This thread will be updated as the issue moves further. Hoping to resolve the problem with these guys. The service is professional, FWIW. I haven't been called a thief yet

It sucks because I have to correspond with people over email. Some companies just cannot do it properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

that sucks man. hope they can find your shit. If Crower starts to throw a hissy fit and being a b(isi)tch let us know.

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocramer View Post
that sucks man. hope they can find your shit. If Crower starts to throw a hissy fit and being a b(isi)tch let us know.
Crower has their own grinds, which means they have access to blanks. Looks like they're going to be donating a blank..
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 XxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the DXxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

What you can send your stock cam to crower and have them grind it?

XxTACTIKZxX

XxTACTIKZxX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!

Not for the cam I sent. They didn't have any grinds available for it, so they asked me to send it in and we would work out a suitable custom cam profile for my purpose after going through various details like duration, lift, LSA, etc.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

What kind of cam did you send them to spec out for you?

Interested in seeing the specs that they recorded if it's a Z6!

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

It's a cam from a JDM head that we get here.

The matter is being passed around, I've already got emails from 2-3 different people who are on the case. This morning, someone called Tom from Crower emailed me a few details about the cam regrind. Dave had previously been a little optimistic about the durations. Seems like he got back on my case and did a few calculations after checking the cam material, base circle, hardness, etc.

I have yet to get a confirmation if I need to send in a second cam or if they will handle it themselves. I'm not happy that this happened, but I'm happy that they are choosing to resolve it and are keeping me in the loop since this is a much more involved process than "Go to website > find specific cam > Add to cart > Checkout > Pay money > Done".

Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

So another update. They found the original cam core. I was scared because it was from a JDM D15B nonvtec head and the cam would've been different (LSA) compared to a Y7 which I would have to end up using.

Dave has been working on my design for a few days now and I've been running the numbers through various simulations. I cannot reveal the numbers but it has a FAT mid-range, perfect for my application. We will just be fleshing out the numbers and making a few changes before the cam is reground. Will have pics once the work is done.

Conclusion so far: Email isn't the best way to communicate with Crower. But the people are very helpful otherwise. Rest after I put the cam in the engine

Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

damn dude you still haven't got your cam?
I remember I called Crower for you some time last year!!

Of course they don't have regrinded cores no more. Nobody does. I don't care who says what. That's why they have cams sent to them.

Good thing they found your cam lol. That would have been a tough nut to crack.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Haha, yes. That same cam.

They sort of just stopped communicating for about 3 months. I'm lucky they still have my core.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hi guys,

https://www.crower.com/ ---is this a legit site or anyone ever made a deal online? i planning to order a camshaft and some parts... i'm from philippines

thanks in advance
axon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Yes, they are very legit.

martyr1391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

thanks for a quick reply, martyr1391

i got two ongoing project 1 is zc sohc and b16a, this is my second post as you can see since 2009, most of the time i'm just reading the thread or use an search tab, and i always got the answer and to avoid being spammer...i'll be in new york this coming july 4-5th ...

thanks
axon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #14 (permalink)

I had the same problem with them on a warranty job. It took them like 3 months for them to get it back to me. The said they ran our of blanks, and unless they receive multiple orders, they don't just order 1.
I did get it, but they kind of scheme you like that. You don't buy a car that's not on the lot, so why sell cams you don't have.....

INDA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

damn that's crazy good thing they found your cams, Never knew you could send cams out like that lol
SohcEF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

The hilarious thing is that I still don't have the cam. It's supposedly done, from what I've been told over the phone and via email. I will only believe them when I have the cam in my hands and can measure the change in base circle and lift with a micrometer.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 SOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagle

omfg that cam better be bad ass or it is not worth the trouble

SOHCEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Finally shipped out. Now I can hold it in my hands and see what took them 9 months to do this.

I'm almost sure I won't use this cam for what I had planned originally.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in