ebay tie bar kit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Talking ebay tie bar kit

you get nothing!

Last edited by icarusdown; 04-08-2009 at 09:03 PM.
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2005, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I did the same, I love my tie bars!!! I dont have it lowered yet but you can tell with them on for sure!!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2005, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Noeladams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
I did the same, I love my tie bars!!! I dont have it lowered yet but you can tell with them on for sure!!

thats what I got when doing my car, I didnt need skunk2 or anything but mine is lowered and I can tell a difference in handling.

Now for the frame locks yum yum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noeladams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2005, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy

yea i got the ebay kit but my front upper rubbed on the top of the DPFI air box thing so i have to make some spacers out of 1/8th inch steel and weld them to the existing brackets because the originals are pretty thin and one was bending after 8 months of use

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers
d1589hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

that sucks, works perfect so far, i need to lower my ex soon here, after a few things.........
Old 01-23-2005, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

I bought those ebay bars about a 2 years ago for my '90 EX sedan, I still have 'em, they are going onto my '88 hatchback after the state patrol inspects it

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Do you guys mean something like this when you say "ebay kit". If so, I will buy these now if they are what you are talking about, if they're as good as name brand...
Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysoos
Do you guys mean something like this when you say "ebay kit". If so, I will buy these now if they are what you are talking about, if they're as good as name brand...
Yeah, that's the kit we're talking about. As far as it being as good as a name brand kit?... Well, the name brands are probably better, but I would argue not so much better as to warrant spending an extra $200+.

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Rayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

I also picked up a Megan Racing 4pc. kit for less than $60 shipped. So far, the rear lower is on the car, getting the 2 strut tower pieces powdercoated along with my Ebay intake (pipe). You can save a shitload of money at Ebay if you're careful. I paid more for one strut tower bar (Neuspeed) on my EP than I did this entire set. I think you can notice the obvious quality difference--at least in looks. The Ebay type products tend to be shiny but not "crafted".
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 05:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

I have the pricy Skunk2 units on my EG and although I do like the construction and fitment of them, I would be very curious to see if the generic units would perform as good and be a better value cost-wise.

Any tests or real-world performance results of these would be awesome

Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 09:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

well, I'm gonna pick up a set for now. As long as they dont fuck up my car, they can only make it better, right?
Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2005, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

yup, mine are Bomz Racing and they work fucking awesome for 50 bucks!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that too many people with the pricy higher-end units always seem to look down on you for them, I don't think

For example...a Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel is about $150US. The same wheel made for Spoon with red stitching and a Spoon horn button tag is $395.

So long as it does the job and doesn't compromise your safety or the functionality of the car's intended purpose.

Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in