Pacesetter Monza exhaust systems - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy
Default Pacesetter Monza exhaust systems

i would like to say that im very satisfied with Pacesetter exhaust systems i myself have owned 2 and know 2 other people wiht them very good systems for low low price and they are pretty quiet for those of you who like the deep mellow sound unless you take off the car or throw on a header then it gets louder but still quiet for an aftermarket set. the first one i bought was for my 1983 VW Jetta i had about 2 years ago bolted right up and work great i put 5k on it before i sold the car to my cousin and it is still on the car wiht 30k on it, then when i purchased my civic i bought another of their exhaust packages the only issue i had was they have 4 kits i believe for 88-91 civic and crx depending on model and engine i bought the one out of summit about a year and a half ago it was for a CRX Si so all i had to do was make it about 18 inches longer because i removed the cat and the civic is slightly longer then a crx also i have to use a different flange becayse i skipped the cat and i had to relocate one of the hangers but as i have noticed they actualy have one specifically for my car. i noticed a good HP and TQ increase form this kit and also i picked up about 3-4 MPG. and on top of that this kit cost me $175.69 dang good deal considering the price of an apexi or borla system i have just over 15,000 miles on it the only issue i had was they gave my clamps to put it together and i dont liek the idea of clamps holding it all together so i had to get my cousin to weld it up but thats it its a full cat-back set made of 2" ID aluminized steel and sprayed with heat resistant flat black paint and it comes with a 3" chrome tip it looks nice but personallyi wish i would have sprung for the dual pencil tip style, oh and also when i got it the tip was painted yellow on the inside so i painted it blakc with hig heat flat black and it had this gay yellow band seperating the chrome and pant on the exhaust i just pulled it off and it looks nice now, also its an OEM designed system so theres no custom work and it goes right on wiht existing hardware and hangers. the only issue is people make jokes that my CAI is louder then the exhaust and it only looks stock with a big ass tip welded on it so the verdict is
Styling: 8/10
performance: 10/10
ease of installation: 9/10
quality: 9/10
sound: 7/10
completeness of kit: 10/10 (detailed instructions, clamps, bolts, decal, wrapped in bubble wrap, and all pieces accountable for)
Idiot factor: 8/10 (how easily could your average every day retard do this)

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers
d1589hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

I think they are junk!

From rustocoating (non-existent) to construction and fitup. Useless exhaust system, I enjoyed cutting it out of my car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2005, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

The quality looks nice when u 1st get it, then they turn to shit
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

I've only heard bad things about the full exhaust setups, but their newer armorcoated headers are supposed to be good pieces aside from the slag on the inside of the tubing. A dremel makes short work of that though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2005, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

I put a pacesetter header on the z6 in my CRX and it was a bitch. Had to modify the front cross member for the O2 sensor THEN had to cut out some of the tubing inside the bung to get the sensor in. Don't think I'll buy again. Good sound though. Not too harsh.
BeaterCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

i have had the pacesetter for a long time now and it has always been great. i have since ditched the pacesetter muffler and went with a obx straight through muffler to help the turbo spool a bit faster. here's the link to from when i first bought mine. https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...4&page=1&pp=20

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy

heres a pic of mine just after install works like a charm no problems cept got to modify it cuz the shorty shifter hits it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jam103.jpg (262.5 KB, 347 views)

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers
d1589hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 05:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

nice wright up i have been looking at this set up for a bit , nice to see one fitted ,
i like the OME look ,

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2005, 06:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

does pacesetter still offer dual tipped exhausts???
thegsrinthepictures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in