Ebay Engine Rebuild Kits? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ebay Engine Rebuild Kits?

Hello
i went to Ebay and there a number of sellers selling rebuild/engine kits for D15b 1/2/7 engines

I have a d15b1 with 200K miles: it still runs okay but want to rebuild and do MPFI swap.

Would anyone buy these kits ; some come with ACL bearings and NPR rings.
and one seller "JIS" actually sells complete rebuilt engines.

NOTE: Money is tight and these look like they will be okay.
OEM Honda would be over $600 If i purchased all parts.

Thank you.

SAM
tanjulio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 nicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enough

yeah ACL bearings are a common bearing used among the Ds i used king bearings myself but ive seen many builds use ACLs alot go with OEM bearings though with the color match...And ive heard NPR rings are good for OEM builds but not after market i dont know why just what ive heard haha
nicbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I swear someone asked this question a few days ago. OEM MLS HG, Clevite or King Bearings (All), find some OS pistons with rings, have block bored honed and decked, head the head milled and pressure checked, cheap engine gasket set on eBay, add anything that will be desired in the future into the bottom of the engine while it is out, NAPA water pump timing kit, go ahead and change the seals in the transmission too, and Google is yo friend.

Good luck. Take lots of pics. Post lots of pics. Don't ask very many questions until you search your A off. If you don't have a (Chilton's) Manual for your car, get off the Internet, go to your auto parts store and buy it right now. Read until you get bored, make a sandwich, read some more, each your Cheetos, cause they're freakin amazing, wash hands, read some more, research more, think about questions before you post them, Google the fool out of those questions, change your mind about those questions because your searched your A off and figured it out for yourself. And no that's not a new thing, people did it for years before Al Gore invented the Internet, or was it Donald Trump. I should've searched that one. N-E-WAYS. Welcome to the D and good luck on your searching adventures. They will prove you to be a very good technical savvy guy. And will do work son.

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 nicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxdonwon View Post
cheap engine gasket set on eBay,
just dont you the head gasket cause they are crap....buy a falpro
Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicbo View Post
just dont you the head gasket cause they are crap....buy a falpro
Or an OEM HG.

Two things NOT to be used in the eBay rebuild kit: the HG and the valve seals.

Both are notorious for failure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wischmaster View Post
Or an OEM HG.

Two things NOT to be used in the eBay rebuild kit: the HG and the valve seals.

Both are notorious for failure.
rep for you didnt know about the valve seals now i wont use them
Old 02-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Next time ask questions in the noob forum, not in the product review section. Felpro permatorque headgasket and viton valve stem seals. DONT use felpro valve stem seals. They are not the correct size as the intake and exhaust use different sizes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i used a ebay rebuild kit that came with the pistons and everything....worked great....3years and atleast 50k hardmiles, 200+ passes at the track, before she spit a rod after almost a year of boost.....

worked great....i think i paid like 350 or something several years ago.....went from using 2quarts of 20w50 a week....to none....not a single drop or 5w30 burned...it was great

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicbo View Post
rep for you didnt know about the valve seals now i wont use them
No issues with either the HG's or valve stem seals here...one LSVTEC, one GSR, one LS, and another LS.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

Bearings and rings seem to be ok, headgaskets are ok, but the valve seals and gaskets suck. Put valve seals on a mint y8 head when I had it rebuilt, and they leaked after 5k, and all the other gaskets like oil pan and vc leak bad, I wouldnt get them again. The ones from Advanced or Autozone are good though.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Pretty Sure RockAuto.com has what you need at a good price.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thank you all for suggestions and comments.
i just wished there was Company that had all decent parts for a low price
(besides Expensive Honda OEM, who is there? ) .
My uncle / mechanic said that Even expensive kits may Not provide Honda OEM quality.

Looks like mix and match parts for me.

Thanks!
tanjulio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

The last gsr I rebuilt I used all Felpro gaskets which I ordered from Rock Auto. Ordered the Upper and Lower gasket set separately as it was cheapest this way.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in