BC racing inverted coilovers - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 boxx is learning the way of the Dboxx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up BC racing inverted coilovers

So after many different iterations of suspensions I think i should post about them.

Considering its one of the best "bang for the buck" setups i've had its actually outperformed on the more pricey big name brands...
I'll have to get some pictures of the other car after tomorrow... which is why im putting a customer review... Customer service is pretty dead in our nation today.. especially in the aftermarket world... I had an issue come up with my BC coilovers, and I was thinking aw crap here we go... instead I was very surprised at the attitude and how they handled things...

I had some bad parts on the coils and instead of send them in etc etc... they sent me out brand new parts.. and included the RMA box for a return and label...
Very rarely do you have the new stuff sent to you, and then send the old parts back... (prosport you fail)
boxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

word on the grape vine is the newer BC stuff is made in taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
if BC actually works with the manufacturer, tells them they want the good stuff, pays them for the good stuff, then they will get good stuff. Personally it seems like a smart move I mean come on of any country in the world Taiwan is probably the best equipped to make ANYTHING.

Were talking about buddy club right? also what are their "inverted coilovers" obviously the shock body is at the top and the rest at the bottom for less unsprung weight but which coilover is it?

Last edited by moff3tt; 02-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.
moff3tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

my mfactory lsd came from taiwan. but its legit as fuck.

iphones come from there, and they are good quality too.

i wonder if my BC race spec are made in taiwan>
Quote:
Old 02-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 sheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

You guys talking about Buddy Club??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Without D-Series, and J&J Performance my wallet would be at the mercy of the dealership.
sheperd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up

Probably this:

BC Racing - North America

BC is short for Bor-Chuann and are based in Taiwan.

????????????-Taiwan Bor-Chuann (BC-racing)

That is their I guess "corporate" page. Apparently BC manufactures coilovers for Apex-i and Megan Racing as well.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
El Noob

Rep Power: 27 LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to LoSt GhoSt

In the MR2 community. People who have bought them, love them. For a while they were having top hat problems but i havent seen any of that lately and when there was, BC took care of them.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

They are manufactured overseas... but so is pretty much most of the higher tech thats imported here in the US. In the suby community people swear by them over such brands as tein... Just finished that part of the whole swap out this weekend, time to finish the rest of everything.. before the alignment, and wash the knuckle busting blood off the white paint
Old 02-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

might have to look into these.. if I decide to upgrade to 'bigboy' c/o's from my shitbay sleeves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

The price really depends on the car too.... STI... a bit cheaper than TEIN and way cheaper than HKS... but they are pretty heavy duty..Note: don't let the box fall on your foot in the garage... hurts quite a bit
Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Ah for all the Dseries right here...
just make sure the lower brackets are the correct ones for your car... and you have choices in spring rates if you call
BC Racing BR Series Coilover Kit Import Image Racing
Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

The US distributor for BC Racing coilovers is in FL...at least that's where mine came from. Yes, I have BCRs on my DD Lexus. 12k/8k, and loving them! Very good quality, and if you ever blow a shock/strut they will replace the cartiridge for $99.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

^^ what he said. they send you a new center section, and give you an RMA label for return. although some of the techs are derp.. its hit or miss sometimes but they always take care of their customers
Old 02-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

How would these compare to the koni/GC combo? I'm sure these offer more adjustability but in terms in quality and performance? Will you be tracking this car?

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

what did you pay for these. Looking for a good DD coilover setup when I get my car

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 ghettoracer is almost a somebodyghettoracer is almost a somebodyghettoracer is almost a somebodyghettoracer is almost a somebody
Send a message via Skype™ to ghettoracer

Quote:
ALL BC Racing products are 100% Taiwan made. It stands for Bor-Chuann. You guys actually thought it is something else?? lol.

They are probably the biggest aftermarket coilover maker in Taiwan by volume. Not the best though. Heheh.

ps, I'm Taiwanese American. I grew up in Taiwan, I also work in the automotive OEM/ODM industry since 2004. used to work at Z.SPEED from 2004-2007.

RON PAUL FTW

Last edited by ghettoracer; 03-26-2012 at 08:38 AM.
ghettoracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

i thought he was referring to Buddy Club to be honest!
Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
i thought he was referring to Buddy Club to be honest!
Me too that is why I posted about the actual company.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

OP, any pictures yet? Actual seat time with these? Track time? How were they to adjust? What spring rates came with them?
NorCal_HC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

My friends been running those for about 2 years and he's not had any problems. He runs slammed everywhere and the roads here are pretty terrible. But they seem good for the price.
DUMBBUTUGLY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in