Omni Power CMC Product Review - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Omni Power CMC Product Review

Whats up everyone,

Application: 94 civic ex DD bolt-on d16z6/s20 (original 200k) Exedy Stage 1/Fidanza 7lb

My factory CMC started to leak so I decided to replace with the Omni Power unit due to good reveiws. Extremely happy with the results and would highly reccommend. I would say pedal travel is about 40% of original and much stiffer which I am really happy with. Took me a couple days to get fully used to the stiffness and shifting, but its been about a week now and I can drive normally. I bought a line wrench, dot4 brake fluid, new rubber hose and clamps for the resevoir to the cmc, and cotter pins (for the pedal). I would give it a 10/10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-02-08_14-07-20_291.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	513.3 KB
ID:	30270   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-02-08_14-08-03_801.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	457.8 KB
ID:	30271  
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Should of got the one for the S2K, free reservoir tuck lol. Keep a eye on your fluid level for the next few weeks. I have heard the first batch leaked badly after a few miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaDNA View Post
Should of got the one for the S2K, free reservoir tuck lol. Keep a eye on your fluid level for the next few weeks. I have heard the first batch leaked badly after a few miles.
i had one of the first omni cmc and it failed in 20 mins of driving testing it out......pedal went to the floor,no pressure at all even after trying to bleed it a shit load of times......

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaDNA View Post
I wish I had known about that. Do both have the same piston size? I've put about 200 miles on it and no problems.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

The s2k one needs modified to go in.. it isn't much but its not a direct bolt on affair. I went with the wilwood unit from kens kustom chassis. Never had a problem with it and it did the same as you day yours did as far as pedal feel and travel etc.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Oh ok that's good to know. I think I'm going to do the rc autoworks no slop shifter next
Old 03-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumdog View Post
Whats up everyone,

Application: 94 civic ex DD bolt-on d16z6/s20 (original 200k) Exedy Stage 1/Fidanza 7lb

My factory CMC started to leak so I decided to replace with the Omni Power unit due to good reveiws. Extremely happy with the results and would highly reccommend. I would say pedal travel is about 40% of original and much stiffer which I am really happy with. Took me a couple days to get fully used to the stiffness and shifting, but its been about a week now and I can drive normally. I bought a line wrench, dot4 brake fluid, new rubber hose and clamps for the resevoir to the cmc, and cotter pins (for the pedal). I would give it a 10/10.
I have one of those, it works great been running it two years, hard! I tried to buy one a few years prior, but the said they were having problems with it and they weren't selling them yet, that must have been the first run.

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

I need to try one. Ive been threw 2 oem honda masters in 2 years. My clutch is fairly stiff but damn

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

i wouldnt buy a damn thing from OMNI POWER...Not after the bullshit coilover i got from them...that they dont make,sell or have parts for...but offered a two year warranty at the time i purchased them..

THUMBS DOWN to OMNI POWER

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in