Energy Suspension motor mount inserts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2005, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Energy Suspension motor mount inserts

In my opinion, very good overall. I liked them when they were first installed, as they were very stiff and kept my motor from moving at all, even with its torn side mount. Vibration was excessive at 1200 rpm but fine everywhere else. The driving experience was oddly akin to a 4.0L 4WD Ranger I drove a couple years ago.

They've been on my car for 400+ miles and seem to be breaking in. Vibration is much less so than before, but still only at 1200 rpm. Wheel hop came back but is easily controllable, unlike my OEM mounts alone that required complete clutch disengagement to stop the hopping. Faulty tires may be a contributing factor, and hopping may disappear when my tires are replaced this year.

Side mounts are relatively easy to install. Take the instructions seriously when it says to clean and trim out the OEM mounts, the extra crap tries to spit the insert out when in use. The rear mount is a pain to install. I installed it when my transmission was removed, which eased installation a LOT, but it was still a tough task. The only access to the bolt is from behind the frame crossmember where there is about 2" of workspace.

I changed out the plastic zipties in favor of a larger flat washer on the mount shaft. My only complaint here was the nut on the driver's side loosening after about 100 miles. I retightened it and haven't had it loosen up again. (I think it is a self-tightening nut that is supposed to be replaced, but I was to cheap to do it.)

Last edited by green_hornet_96; 01-17-2005 at 06:32 PM. Reason: I hate typos
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i was thinking about putting them on my civic, do you think you picked up any noticable time in the 60. The only reason i ask is because that is were they are supposed to help
speed1100blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2005, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 skittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

kommon_sence had an awesome post in the DIY section about mount inserts
skittyscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2005, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I also have these inserts. Installed for 5K miles.
Significantly stiffened the car, but I can't say much about wheel hop as I'm not too experienced with it. However, It did get rid of the terrible rocking motion the engine had developed every time I shifted gears.
Must agree though. The rear mount is a total bitch. You can't see the bolts so you have to work by feel, which is always a fucking party. Plus, as the man said, to get the bolts and mount out of the engine bay, you have to get underneath the IM and almost under the firewall.
Patience is advisable.

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2005, 04:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Or just put it on a lift ...^^^
It makes life easier...
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2005, 06:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

^^^ PW.
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
JDMd15b

I noticed my 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd shifts were more possitive after i installed these. vibration sucks tho
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in