AMS Rods:Caution - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default AMS Rods:Caution

I bought a set of AMS rods from their eBay store "Buy AMS". The rods were too wide to fit into the top of the cylinder when assembling my motor so I notified them. They said I would need to shave them down slightly for them to fit. Now had the description with the rods stated this I would have bought others and been done with it. After shaving quite a bit off of the rods 2 times they still don't fit. I notified them again that this didn't work and they told me that another customer had to shave them and they worked no problem. I'm at the point where if I take anymore off I would not feel comfortable running these with such little material left around the rod bolts. I would not recommend buying these rods regardless of price. You get what you pay for and that's what I did. I am buying eagles now.

Its coolant.
D16EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Bummer, but thank you for sharing and saving someone else the same problems.

repped
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

got a picture? u got the right rods right
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropes

I have a thread in the engine building section with pics. AMS confirmed they were the right rods

Its coolant.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 single cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebodysingle cam fan is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

dang that sucks bro
SOHC SQUAD#13
VIK-TEK d16z6 300hp/230trq
single cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Oh well live and learn, getting eagles and moving along

Its coolant.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Yeah, thanks!! Almost did the same thing!! And saw your thread, def fucking sux. +repz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

So they had ' another' customer that had to do this but didn't say as much in the auction? Wow, thats shady as hell. Hope you are asking for a refund. Fuck that.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.

Last edited by mindless; 02-08-2012 at 06:01 AM.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Return them. That is just stupid. If all of their rods have the same problem, they shouldn't be selling them. Bastards.

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I'd return them and file a claim (if that's possible) for false advertisement. Maybe the "other client" had an overbored block that wasn't 75mm, hence why they didn't have to "shave" off as much. The fact of the matter is, a rod for a specific application, should fit with ZERO modifications. Period.

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I have emailed them and told them had they stated in their ads that they needed to be shaved to fit I would have just spent the extra to avoid it. I asked if I could get a refund but no reply yet.

Its coolant.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

And as expected they won't take them back because they have been shaved but will give a a better deal on a set of other rods.. Will never buy from these guys again. Moving along with my build

Its coolant.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

So wait, they told you another member had to shave them to make them work, you attempted to shave them, it didn't work, and now they're telling you that you can't return then BECAUSE you shaved them (per their instructions)?!?! Dude, report them to the BBB, file a claim w/ eBay and PayPal, and do everything you can. That's some serious BS! I'd be LIVID!!!!

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

id do a paypal claim. paypal will side with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Ebay, you get what you pay for.

Still sux ass. Like you said, live and learn.
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Install from the bottom?

EDIT:
Nvm, they wont fit between the mains. I have the dumb today.

Last edited by Full_Tilt; 02-08-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I'd still file a claim, I think you have a case, especially if they emailed you about having to shave them.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Crossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Buy the eagles from a reputable source, I had issues with eagles I bought from ebay once. If you must buy from ebay buy stateside.
Crossinteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I'll hit up Paypal this evening

Its coolant.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

The only thing I'm worried about and that the seller pointed out was when we talked early on about having to shave them I mentioned I probably couldn't return them once they were shaved..he never responded to that until I brought up sending them back today.

Its coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in