Exo Speed.com - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 TheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to allTheSteelBreeze is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Thumbs down Exo Speed.com

I ordered their wide body, open front end on November 8th...

They said, " We have a 7-10 day production waiting list right now. So we will be able to ship your order in about 2 weeks. Shipping will take about 5 business days. Total is $790+175 ship to business. "

Three weeks after that... with no correspondence I send them an email on 12/1/11, "Hi,
I ordered an EG front end a little over three weeks ago and I was wondering if you had an ETA on that." And I got no response...

So.. I waited until 12/6/11 and sent another one.. being as understanding as I could be.. :
"Hi,
I purchased an EG open front end on Nov. 8th.. I was told it would take about 10 business days to make and 5 to ship which would be about a week ago...
Perhaps less given Thanksgiving vacation and things. I was wondering if you had an update is all.. Thanks. "

They responded almost immediately- a few minutes later actually, saying,
"Hi Nic,

We apologize for the big delay. We just got delayed the week before thanksgiving because we were waiting on resin and fiberglass to come and we didnt get any for a few days. Kinda backed us up a bit. We're just going through the orders since then and you're order is in line and we're hoping to get it out late this week, if not next week.
Again, we apologize for the delay."

Again- this is 12/6/11

SO- after not hearing from them for another MONTH... I emailed them AGAIN
on 1/4/12

"Hi, I purchased an EG open front end on November 8th...
I still haven't received it.
I know it's the holidays and all but, taking just shy of 2 months for an order that says it should take 2 weeks on your website is pushin it.
What's the situation?
Thanks,
Nic "

And their response, again just a few minutes later..

"We apologize for the huge delay. After you ordered we just had some issues with getting material and it backed us up. It didnt help that our guys that we contract our fiberglass with took off the Thanksgiving week and the last 2 weeks of December.

We have your kit as priority and should be boxing up in the next couple days. Our shipping department was actually scheduled to get a confirmation on the shipping address so we can schedule the freight for it.
Can you let us know on that so we can get this going.

Again, we apologize for the wait and we're not usually this delayed. We're getting back on track and will have your kit to you soon."

So, we confirmed that the address was correct..

And AGAIN.. nothing for 11 more days..

So I sent them a short email asking for an update with no response..

I sent them another email today.. 2 months and 20 days later..
"What's going on guys?! Still no word on when my purchase is going to ship...
I ordered this thing in early NOVEMBER. I think you guys need to do something about this promptly.
Thanks,"

and they respond again minutes later..

"
Apologize for the delay but we're actually good and ready with the kit now. Things are just backlogged on shipping since we have quite a few to get ready and we've been waiting on our boxes from our supplier.
We're getting kits out already this week and yours should leave on Monday."

And well, I've heard that one before... I don't know what the hell their hang up is but.. this is a stuuuuupid long time to get a front end..

The quality of this body kit had better be suuu-fucking-perior...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TheSteelBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

grab a screen shot or copy of all your emails, and email them again, and ask for your money back if you dont receive it within a week

all this is fucking bullshit. a custom parts company cannot use the holidays as an excuse for 2+ months of delays

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 SOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Jesus lol that's a long fucking time, its a shame to hear such service since I think they are a site sponsor? Correct me if not please.

SOHCEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 CPT Del Sol will become famous soon enoughCPT Del Sol will become famous soon enoughCPT Del Sol will become famous soon enough

Damn I was just on their site thinking about sending my z6 head to get rebuilt lol

Sorry for your troubles bro, thanks for the post!

Quote:
Once again, I am embarrassed to own a Honda.
CPT Del Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Unfortunatly some things really do get delayed this long. The best thing for both parties to do in these kind of situations is keep the lines of communication open IMO.

Try your best to level with the other person/persons. Let them know that you understand delays happen and that you are being patient you just want more detailed information about what is going on. If you feel like you are getting the run around, then let them know and ask for them to be as honest as possible as to why it is taking so long.

My guess is that they may be outsourcing production of this to a company with deadline/communication issues.

Hope everything gets sorted out well.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Considering the source, plan on getting them by August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

ive been debating on getting some pistons from them.
this makes me think again about it more.
thats shitty i hope you get your parts or money back.
really if i was you if the parts arent to your standards id send them back and make damn sure you get a full refund.
plus interest lol.

edit: they are a site sponsor just so you know.

Last edited by civicdxude; 01-26-2012 at 09:01 PM.
civicdxude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

would have been nice if i would have gotten light of this issue before the thread i would have gotten you answers. im the exospeed reliable source on this forum. any problems, questions i usually get sorted out . i'm usually the go to person on here im surprised you didn't try to contact me. now since i didn't know about your situation until just now when i hit new threads tab. since im back working again im usually on the pc in the late evenings so i will have a update on your issue as soon as i can so bare with me.

Im sorry for you big time delay rest assure Im on your issue and i will update you and get this sorted out.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Boom. Sorted.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!

do i not exist on here lol or something i need to make myself known more. then again on all the exospeed threads in the forum im named as second in command on here lol.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
do i not exist on here lol or something i need to make myself known more.
You should put something in your sig, might help lol.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 TommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Its a pretty big company. Alot of orders. With alot of orders, comes alot of things to make the products. if they have a situation with there source for that product, delays are sure to be there until resolved. lol.
my camshaft was delayed, due to alot of orders on short notice, but after talking with greasemonkey and gettin updates things went smoothly.
DC 4-1 header
AEM CAI
2.25" piping with Spintech 6331 muffler
Ex trans FTMFW
TommyM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Considering the source, plan on getting them by August.
Quote:

Im sorry for you big time delay rest assure Im on your issue and i will update you and get this sorted out.
jose, i sent my cams and a extra core to Wil Aug 2011 for my Stage 3 cams. it's Jan 2012 and i have not heard anything from him. except when i talked to you and this i what you said to me on 01-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89
picking up your cam from the cam grinder on the weekend. so it should ship out this monday for sure. sorry for the late update since i work now .
Monday would have been 1/16/12. i would like to have my cam cause i paid for them but i don't think i will use them due to you've been the ONLY person that i've been talking to for the last 6 month. i used talk to Wil on the regular and i don't understand what happen, he just stop since you've been helping him.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
do i not exist on here lol or something i need to make myself known more. then again on all the exospeed threads in the forum im named as second in command on here lol.
Not to be a dick towards you. I don't know if you work for Exospeed or not. Regardless, there is a problem if a buyer needs to contact a mutual friend to get things sorted out. And this is not the first time I've seen you coming through and getting the matter sorted. Is this the way the owner does business with all his customers?

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Some of the reports I've heard about them are worse than your/Ron's problem with Bisimoto.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
Not to be a dick towards you. I don't know if you work for Exospeed or not. Regardless, there is a problem if a buyer needs to contact a mutual friend to get things sorted out. And this is not the first time I've seen you coming through and getting the matter sorted. Is this the way the owner does business with all his customers?
well i used to work at the shop and since im the only one with a interest in sohc stuff since im always on d-series he asked for my help. wil is a crazy busy guy man people will think other wise and regardless i understand i am a bias party. but how am i supposed to answer this question without sounding bias when im usually not. im usually the one stuck in the middle i wonder if my friend ever realizes that. no your not being a dick your just asking a question. i do realize this form of taking care of business is spotty at best i try my best to do my part. i try to please everyone but you cant win them all i guess. i stuck my hand out to deal with all this drama as a friend. this gets frustrating as hell because the products are awesome and seeing things get like this really puts a damper on the name. when i worked at the shop nothing was ever late on my watch since he had actual help but not no more. people think exospeed is a low volume shop but there wrong its high volume stuff taken care of one person. i just take the beating to ease the pain a little if that makes sense.

Last edited by greasemonkey89; 01-27-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
jose, i sent my cams and a extra core to Wil Aug 2011 for my Stage 3 cams. it's Jan 2012 and i have not heard anything from him. except when i talked to you and this i what you said to me on 01-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Monday would have been 1/16/12. i would like to have my cam cause i paid for them but i don't think i will use them due to you've been the ONLY person that i've been talking to for the last 6 month. i used talk to Wil on the regular and i don't understand what happen, he just stop since you've been helping him.
what are you trying to say remo. because as far as i remember i had to get out of work drive 2 hours away to pick up your cams for wil he said they would ship out and you would get them Monday or Tuesday. either i don't understand English or we are not understanding each other. so your putting me on blast when i been in the middle for you trying to get your replacement cams going. what do i have to do why wil isnt talking to you?. you guys set-up this whole free replacement cam issue. i had to take off from work to go handle a matter out of my way which i don't get paid for since your one of my best friends so i dont mind but starting to mind actually. so im hoping im taking your comment wrong cause i thought we were cool.

Edit* email him asap he said it shipped but its your guys issue to deal with. obviously i didn't do my part enough. it was shipped out this monday i guess i got my days mixed up threw ups ground which is taking a while. be my guest and do what you will with the cams there yours and your decision.

Last edited by greasemonkey89; 01-27-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

OP you got a email from wil around 5pm pacific time stating there supposed to ship out on monday.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wischmaster View Post
You should put something in your sig, might help lol.
its on wils sig in all the threads on the exospeed forums hell i even made a thread with my info even my personal phone number at one point.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

One word....strada. lol

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in