Fucking Napa. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Fucking Napa.

Idk if its all of Napa, just the workers in my area, or the one guy I had.... But fuck I kept saying Civic VX... and the guys like there is no VX option or a VTEC-E.

Fucking bullshit, how come I can find it on the damn website.

It doesn't help that I have a JDM D15b, and its 3 stage which just confuses everyone.

Anyways long story short; my tensioner pulley is going out, I'm taking classes now so I have no time to work on the car. I let my mech have it, told him Civic VX. My mech wants to change the whole belt (since it will be off anyways, but I didn't want to in order to avoid this confusion)..... Apparently Napa doesn't have this "VX VTEC-E" in the system.

Also, since the motor is (in Japan) from the Ek, the mech asked where its from I told him "96 VI in Japan" and the Napa rep proceeded to tell me/him its a 1.6L in there.

I'm fed, up and just needed to get it out there I guess, but.. How can I find it on their own website when the guy behind the counter can't even tell me if the part is for a EX,VX,LX etc.

Now that I am on a comp i have all the part #'s and will have to get this shit straightened out myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

I would get Gates belt through Napa instead of the Napa brand...just a thought.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

do you have the napa part #? I don't see it on my local listing

|

#

!
Quote:
How
to act on this forum...

Old 01-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 ryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

NAPA brand is Gates. I'm a store manager for NAPA in Little Rock. The other ooption we carry is a company called Altrom which is specifically made for import cars. Not saying the quality is any better. Comparible to WorldPac.
ryno_rx8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 ryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
do you have the napa part #? I don't see it on my local listing
What year is your car and I'll get you some parts #'s.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Timing Belt-250223 (Gates)
Tiiming Belt Component kit-252230P(Gates) comes with belt, tensioner, and seals. Looks like Cam and crank.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough98hatch will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I think D- sedires should come out with their own brand n fuck everybody lol

Quote:
I'm a 3rd shifter, but I'm on between 3-6 pm and after 11 pm during the week.

You can't afford this man-whore
98hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98hatch View Post
I think D- sedires should come out with their own brand n fuck everybody lol
LOL, might make shit easier, why not just have a d-series store. All parts for all d-series.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 blckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

word on napa being gate's....mechanic by trade so i get the hookup with them...

and idk why your having trouble, on our corporate site it list's 4 motor 1.6, 1.6, vtec and vtec-e and ALSO napa's gasket's are made by fel-pro for about 1/2 the price

but welcome to the lovely world of frankefuck car's....my motor has part's from 6 different motor's on it...it's crazy and it doesnt help that napa/auto zone/advace/etc hire's dumb fuck's that have never turned a wrench a day in there life...just can pass a piss test

Last edited by blckek; 01-18-2012 at 06:01 AM.
blckek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

I always try to go into a parts store with the part number I need. Sometimes it saves time.
Honest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Sigh my mech is good but those working at napa are fucking me over. Right now I have a D16y7 belt on my D15b.... fuckinh redic.

|

#

!
Quote:
How
to act on this forum...
Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Sigh my mech is good but those working at napa are fucking me over. Right now I have a D16y7 belt on my D15b.... fuckinh redic.
Well i can agree with the 'tards they hire. Bad thing is, we have no control of who is hired, its all done at corporate. But on a side note, if anyone needs a part or part #, pm me with the info and I can get some part #'s and pricing if need be
Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

In my experience, NAPA customer service varies greatly from store to store. Clearly they are franchises and each owner has control over the level of service (and skill of it's staff).

I ordered a list of parts from the website to pick up in the store, and got a call from the store that I needed to come in and pay for the parts before they would order them (wtf? that sort of defeats the whole purpose of ordering them up online for pickup...?).

I stopped at a different NAPA store (with my printed list of parts ordered from the other store in hand) and placed the same order, they placed it and I picked it up the next morning, and I didn't have to place a deposit.

Go figure.
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

This site has a lot of the 3-stage maintenance parts(and if you look through it some crossreferences)

Honda P08 P2A Timing Belt Tensioner

Product Description (Tensioner)
This is a sale for a brand new OEM Honda Civic Del Sol D15Z1, D16Z6, D16Z7, D15B VTEC, D16A VTEC, ZC SOHC VTEC, D13B D14A4, D15Z4, D15Z6, D15Z7, 3-stage VTEC D15B, D16Y1, D16Y4, D16Y5, D16Y7, D16Y8 Timing Belt Tensioner, Roller & Bracket from Nippon Seiko (NSK) or Koyo Seiko (Koyo), Japan. It will fit aforementioned D-series engines from 92-00.

Honda part number:
14510-P08-003

Honda P2A Timing Belt

Product Description(Timing Belt)
This is a sale for a brand new genuine 96-00 JDM Honda Civic Vi D13B D14A4 D15Z4 D15Z5 D15Z9 D15Z6 VTEC E D15Z7 D15B 3 Stage VTEC 103RU24 Timing Belt from Honda Motors, Japan.

This is the original timing belt for the 130ps JDM D15B 3 Stage SOHC VTEC engine.

Honda Part Number:14400-P2A-004
97-Civic-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Whatever you do don't ever buy one of their radiators, my wives CR-V went through 2 of them in a year and a half. I finally threw it in the trash and went to Advanced!

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
The d16y7 belt might be too long for the d15 block.
97-Civic-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
セックス大好き

Rep Power: 43 moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Whatever you do don't ever buy one of their radiators, my wives CR-V went through 2 of them in a year and a half. I finally threw it in the trash and went to Advanced!
I go to advanced everytime, if not advanced then o'rileys.

1993 240sx Coupe * GONE * Farewell old friend..

1992 240sx Coupe * Awaiting 1JZ-GTE * New Drift Build

199X 240sx RHD 3S-GE 6MT * On-the-back-burner * Track Car Project

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops
moss500berg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss500berg View Post
Worked at both places before I came to NAPA, as store managers for both. All the part stores carry the same parts by the same vendors except for chassis and brakes and few other lines, but most are the same. Not that I'm taking up for NAPA by any means, just our radiators are the same, any reman-ed part (boosters, dist, master cyl, etc etc) is the same, ALL made by A1 Cardone. I think a lot of it is manufacturers having bad batches of product. When I worked for Advance, we had a shit ton of Optima batteries going bad. Eeryone was like wtf, these are supposed to be good batteries. Come to find out there was a problem. Go figure.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss500berg View Post
I just found out one of my S2000 buddies is the manager for Advance

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
I just found out one of my S2000 buddies is the manager for Advance
WOO HOO Free stuff lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in