ProCar By Scat Racing Seat - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Thumbs up ProCar By Scat Racing Seat

I was looking for some good seats for my crx, I currently had some APC seats in and they were nice but a bit to big. I also don't like reclinable seats because I have seen them fail when racing. I was looking around for some nice fixed back seats and found some Corbeau and Sparco seats that I liked, but then I found these. They are called procar and they are made by scat, the ones that make a ton of engine parts. I really liked them and the size was good for me. I looked at the price and was shocked, even more shocked when I got them.

They go for about $128 for each seat, which was good for me. I found them at Summitracing and Jegs, summit sells them in 4 colors (red, blue, black, white) and jegs only sells the black ones. I wanted black so the only difference was that jegs charges about $15 for shipping, while summit charges over $60. So bought it from Jegs, and decided to buy one to try out. They said it wouldn't ship out until 12/22 (a week later), so I waited and expected it after christmas but 12/23 it was on my doorstep. Turned out that they had scat ship it on the 20th using 3 day fedex.

Price - 5 out of 5 (about $145 shipped, I can't complain)
Packaging - 5 out of 5 (came in nice L-shaped box and was padded nicely)
Appearance - 4.5 out of 5 (they look great, nice fabric and no loose thread)
Weight - 4.5 out of 5 (they seem light weight, less than stock seats)
Strength - 4 out of 5 (seem to have a tubular construction, that seems strong, but in the middle of the back and bottom it's just harness straps and some padding which seems strong to me)
Comfort - 4 out of 5 (they aren't the most comfortable but I'm used to hard ass racing seats so these are a plus, could use some more padding around areas, but fit me like a glove)

Another thing I was surprised about was the fact that it came with seat rails/sliders. Every seat I ever bought before you needed to by separate but Scat knows what's up. I put the sliders on (they have the brackets on the end, unlike the universal ones so you can actually try to make them fit), and dropped it in. They lined up pretty well, but I did some work and they fit good now. In the front they lined up with the factory holes, but my roll bar was in the way and had to move it over to clear. I just used some long bolts through the seat brace in the floor, which seems safer to me. Then just bent the brackets to fit the stock rear bolt hole and made a bracket out of 1/8" steel for the other one.

They are aren't like OEM comfort but are a great way to save money instead of forking over the money for some overrated brand name. I had them in for a couple weeks and have nothing to complain about, except that it seems like there is springs for the back of the seat (like the old style) which squeak every time to push back in your seat.

I wanted a seat that I could use for my DD/race car that wouldn't break the bank and wouldn't leave bruises all over my ass, and I found it. It has the pass through for a 5-point harness (including the opening the the middle bottom for the sub belt). I'm going to probably get another one for the passenger side real soon. I posted the seat diagram below (only seat company I've seen that gives you all dimension before to know it will fit).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProSports_sketch.gif
Views:	2500
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	29918  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

nice! i might get one of these when i get extra money to waste.. how tall are you and how much do u weight? it didn't say on jegs the size.. im 5'11 and skinny lol
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....

I'm about 5' 6" and skinny. I fit nice with around an inch or so in the butt area and I'm about 4 inches from the top of the seat. The full dimensions are attached above, so you just gotta measure your ass and what not...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

meh i should fit, i really liked my sparco sprint i had in my drift car, but this looks the same and way cheaper
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

How much higher/lower do they sit than stock seats?

What are your dimensions? Like how much do you weigh/height/build?
Do you think the seat would fit a fat 6' 4" guy?
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

he can mount that seat a lot lower.

The design I'll be using......

And I'm too fat for that seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Are they SFI or FIA rated?

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

No, not SFI or FIA approved, but probably could be (that is why approved seats are more expensive, and why these are cheaper cost alot to have each seat certified). I would say they are about 1 inch or so higher than stock, but like bone said you can lower them as much as you need with the right brackets. I'm 5' 6" 145lbs, short legs so I gotta have it all the way forward and would say my ass is about 12" wide and shoulders are around 18" wide

I gotta say it fits me pretty well and it's just a matter of measuring your own body parts...don't take that dirty. Just compare to the diagram above and you should get an idea, that is what I did before and worked good for me. Probably won't fit a big fat ass, unless you have the fat overflowing the side

Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
No, not SFI or FIA approved, but probably could be (that is why approved seats are more expensive, and why these are cheaper cost alot to have each seat certified).
Sometimes depending on the track, you have to have factory or SFI/FIA rated seats. Because you are planing on some track days, I would definitely check into the tracks rules. They do look fairly nice though.

2014 Fiesta ST

Old 01-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Theres a reason the "overated" seats cost more?

Especailly ones that are track approved. Your slider rails will be useless to you on the track when they eventually snap on you. Ive seen those cheap slider generic rails fail multiple times.

You might be'able to get away with cheap seats but you cant get away with cheap generic rails, one piece or go home otherwise your track day will turn into a nightmare.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK

Last edited by T-MacK; 01-08-2012 at 08:01 AM.
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
Theres a reason the "overated" seats cost more?

Especailly ones that are track approved. Your slider rails will be useless to you on the track when they eventually snap on you. Ive seen those cheap slider generic rails fail multiple times.

You might be'able to get away with cheap seats but you cant get away with cheap generic rails, one piece or go home otherwise your track day will turn into a nightmare.
Yeah, I know. This car is mainly a drag car, and they don't care as much (unless you are running really fast times). I have some brackets that I can just remove the sliders and have it fixed in place, but on the street it's nice to be able to move it back and forth. Alot of the overated seats like Sparco and corbeau weren't even certified, at least what I saw.

I trust these rails the same as OEM ones, because they have 3 thick "teeth" on each side and even if they did break, you still won't go far. I've had the cheap universal rails before (just the flat kind), and those scare me. This is the only reason I used the ones that come with it, they don't look so cheap. I don't wanna get in an arguement, I'm just giving my review on this seat. It doesn't mean you have to buy it or like it.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Yeah, I know. This car is mainly a drag car, and they don't care as much (unless you are running really fast times). I have some brackets that I can just remove the sliders and have it fixed in place, but on the street it's nice to be able to move it back and forth. Alot of the overated seats like Sparco and corbeau weren't even certified, at least what I saw.

I trust these rails the same as OEM ones, because they have 3 thick "teeth" on each side and even if they did break, you still won't go far. I've had the cheap universal rails before (just the flat kind), and those scare me. This is the only reason I used the ones that come with it, they don't look so cheap. I don't wanna get in an arguement, I'm just giving my review on this seat. It doesn't mean you have to buy it or like it.
Not argueing, just putting out facts. Those brackets are shit because I had the same ones when my seat snapped them in half.

And yeah dont worry I would never buy a cheap piece of shit seat to go in my track car.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Not argueing, just putting out facts. Those brackets are shit because I had the same ones when my seat snapped them in half.

And yeah dont worry I would never buy a cheap piece of shit seat to go in my track car.
So your saying you had that exact seat before? Or are you saying you had seat brackets/rails like those? These are stock looking style, are you saying the brackets that come off the slider (with the rivet holding them on)? It seems to me for a track car, you wouldn't want any type of slider just brackets straight to the floor in a fixed position. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying.

Last edited by ZCHONDACRX91; 01-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, I know. This car is mainly a drag car, and they don't care as much (unless you are running really fast times).
Oh ok. Yeah the drag strips are not as picky as road courses. I run a fairly cheap summit seat in the Mustang and have never had a problem with 1/4 mile tech. The only ever bitch about my belts because they're older than 2 years.

2014 Fiesta ST

Old 01-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90civichillclimber View Post
Oh ok. Yeah the drag strips are not as picky as road courses. I run a fairly cheap summit seat in the Mustang and have never had a problem with 1/4 mile tech. The only ever bitch about my belts because they're older than 2 years.
Yeah, on a road course you are going around corners and the seats are experiencing g-force back and forth all the time, but in drag racing it's just go forward for some seconds. I have seen the techs be really picky about guys with stock seats and harnesses (because there is no through holes and doesn't look all that safe). If I ever did some road course racing it would be on small tracks that don't require much safety equipment because you don't really hit high enough speeds.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Quote:
So your saying you had that exact seat before? Or are you saying you had seat brackets/rails like those? These are stock looking style, are you saying the brackets that come off the slider (with the rivet holding them on)? It seems to me for a track car, you wouldn't want any type of slider just brackets straight to the floor in a fixed position. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying.
Ive had 2 seperate sets of those seat brackets break on me, once DD"ing the other at the track when I had a universal slider set on a srd recaro.

If your DDing it you might want to spend money on a something that bolts right to the floor.

These are the ones im using on my HB, they cost a little extra but dont move an inch and held up at the track this past summer.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Ive had 2 seperate sets of those seat brackets break on me, once DD"ing the other at the track when I had a universal slider set on a srd recaro.

If your DDing it you might want to spend money on a something that bolts right to the floor.

These are the ones im using on my HB, they cost a little extra but dont move an inch and held up at the track this past summer.

So your saying just don't use any brackets/sliders and just make plates to bolt directly to the floor? So the stock style isn't good? Got a link to those? Thanks.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Quote:
So your saying just don't use any brackets/sliders and just make plates to bolt directly to the floor? So the stock style isn't good? Got a link to those? Thanks.
Exactly what im saying.

Do it right the first time or pay for it later.........Your choice?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly what im saying.

Do it right the first time or pay for it later.........Your choice?
Oh, I understand. So are you going to cut out the seat rail/brace on the floor or make the plate sit on top of that. I have some seat brackets that bolt to the stock locations (OBX I think) and I could make some plates (probably like 1/8" plates)to bolt the seat to that without sliders, does that sound fine? These are what I'm talking about:

OBX Racing Seat Mount Brackets 88-91 Honda Civic CRX Base/DX/HF/Si NEW | eBay

Where did you get those corbeau brackets? I looked around and all I saw where ones that bolt to stock location and have sliders on them.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

What people forget is there are two different seat mount setups.

88 all, 89 HF

89-91 all but 89 HF

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in