Yonaka Cat Back Exhaust - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Yonaka Cat Back Exhaust

Hey guys, so prior to purchasing this exhaust I tried finding reviews, videos, etc but couldn't find anything that really helped me out...so I bought it lol! just so I could see if it was any good, I'm hoping to help out some of you who want a great deal on a quality exhaust. So here we go! I purchased the product through tunersports.com and they were having difficulties with Yonaka since the exhausts were on back order. After everything was straightened out the exhaust shipped quickly and everything was packed up securely and safely. I opened it up and it was wrapped in bubble wrap and the weld were beefy and everything was perfect! Its a relatively quiet exhaust, I've had the Greddy Evo2 on my old teg and I really like the tone of this one better, it doesnt drone on the highway, no rattles or vibrations and it sounds really good when hitting vtec, even in my little single slammer. Even my girlfriend liked the sound! Now on to pics/vids!

Here is how it looked fresh out of the box:

After I installed it:

...don't mind the torn apart civic

And after it was installed:

(just to show how far it sticks out)

and finally......A VIDEO!!!

Please excuse the poor quality of the video, it was taken on my iphone and its just to give you an idea of how it sounds. I'm going to take a couple more follow up videos of drive by's and the interior sound. Thanks guys, hope this might have helped some of you and feel free to ask if you have any questions! -Kolya

Last edited by kolya; 12-26-2011 at 09:03 PM.
kolya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

sounds good post another vid in like a month

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I know quite a few guys who use this exhaust, It will last and does the job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
sounds good post another vid in like a month
so skeptical coming from a guy who paints his engine bay like a bag of skittles in san fran....lol

Its a decent exhaust for the money.

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Will do what its supposed to do.

Its far from top of the line but not bottom of the barrel.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

o i wasnt knockin it at all just want to see what it sounds like lol hell i run a 90 shipped full exhaust on my coupe lol

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah, Im going to do a bunch of follow up videos on the exhaust. I was really impressed with the quality, and like T-Mack said, its not quite top of the line but it is surprisingly good especially for the price
Old 12-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 31 93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 82 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls

i debated buying one, i saw the hatch ones just dropped like 50 bucks and offer free shipping, the coupes are still 300ish + shipping

93 red ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Damn I would look into this if I wasn't running a side exit
Tmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

looks and sounds decent. how tucked is the midpipe underneath? pics?
93civiccupew/b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Matchi is learning the way of the DMatchi is learning the way of the D
Send a message via Skype™ to Matchi

hm sounds good, not to loud and screamy.. like it but shipping to germany costs me 300 bucks.. ooouch
Matchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civiccupew/b7 View Post
looks and sounds decent. how tucked is the midpipe underneath? pics?
I'll snap some pics tomorrow, just got my wisdom teeth out so I'm kinda out of commission and just a quick update, I believe the exhaust is finally warming up and its sounding great! even better than before I'll take another vid, crappy iphone vid once again since its all I have at the moment, but it has a nice deep tone to it and almost sounds Subaru-esque! Thanks for the compliments guys and I'll follow up as soon as I'm no longer in terrible pain lol!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
i debated buying one, i saw the hatch ones just dropped like 50 bucks and offer free shipping, the coupes are still 300ish + shipping
I definitely recommend it, it looks great, sounds great and is a bang for your buck! Definitely stand by Yonaka on this product!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Matchi is learning the way of the DMatchi is learning the way of the D
Send a message via Skype™ to Matchi

YEAH i found something
Full Car Tuning - Europe's premium automotive tuning and styling wholesale, the latest tuning, styling and performance parts for all makes and models. - tuning styling fct
My parts dealer sells it in europe!! dang iam happy. i will definitely buy one of them. i want a nice quiet turbo
Matchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchi View Post
YEAH i found something
Full Car Tuning - Europe's premium automotive tuning and styling wholesale, the latest tuning, styling and performance parts for all makes and models. - tuning styling fct
My parts dealer sells it in europe!! dang iam happy. i will definitely buy one of them. i want a nice quiet turbo
Go for it! You wont be disappointed and I'm truly glad I could help you out! Just to give you an fyi, the muffler has three hangers on it(weird but useful) its there is one on the left side if youre looking directly at the exhaust and two on the right. On the right use the smaller of the two, it makes the exhaust sit higher up and looks better imo. Have fun with your new, great exhaust!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Im uploading a couple videos right now, so YOu all can get a feel for the sound inside on a cold start, inside with the engine warm and outside with the engine warm.

Cold Start Interior:

Warmed up Interior:

Warmed up exterior:

It was quite cold outside so excuse the exhaust smoke...and I need to change my valvestem seals lol I'll get some drive-by shots when I can! Enjoy and let me know what you all think. -Kolya
Old 12-31-2011, 05:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

I've been looking for a quiet exhaust.
Honest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest Bob View Post

I've been looking for a quiet exhaust.
Well Im glad I could help you out! You cant go wrong with the Yonaka!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 baker  is accepted as part of the communitybaker  is accepted as part of the communitybaker  is accepted as part of the communitybaker  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

It has a nice low subtle tone, but the tip is too big and sticks too far out for my taste.
Hopefully it holds up.
['96 Civic Dx: Daily work Beater]
baker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker View Post
It has a nice low subtle tone, but the tip is too big and sticks too far out for my taste.
Hopefully it holds up.
I like the way it looks, definitely a HUGE improvement over the fart cannon the previous owner installed lol! But hey, to each his own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in