Beware! Blackworks LLC! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Exclamation Beware! Blackworks LLC!

Whats going on everyone, just want to give everyone a heads up before it happens to anyone else. before i start let me give everyone how i got into this company. http://www.bwrusa.com/Default.asp i went into a local performance shop looking for a coil-over system for my daily driver (RSX). they were the new "hot item" and the system was dirt cheap. the owner (a friend of mine) had a good rep and told me this kit was "solid". Reading up on coilover systems before i purchase any, it seemed they were all made from the same manufacture but branded differently. Knowing i was using this car for daily driven purposes, i was in! Opened the box and they look well made but boy i was in for a surprise!! I have installed countless of coil over system installation was a breeze! a year after installed well i would let the pictures speak for themselves....

yea scary huh? i don't know who i have to thank i was just pulling into my driveway that day but what would have happened on the highway? busy street doing 20 m.p.h?? i was a lucky man i was just going 1 m.p.h.. being furious at this point i called the company urgently, and they told me to send pictures. they said they will report back to me as soon as they receive them, i had to call numerous times to talk to the manager. the sales rep was a cool guy but that company is a fu*ckery! i expedited the coil over back to the company and they received it on November 21. its December 20th and ask me if they even called me or emailed to tell me the coilover is on its way? NO!!!! i just called them and they simply told me "Sir we don't have the part to fix it, when we receive it from (China??) we will send it back". All this time i have been renting a car and my bill has surpassed $800! by this point i don't want to do anything with this company. i don't want to spend any time or money in this B.S company and i hope their company fails! i wish i had the time and monies to sue there company to the fullest extent! i hope people learned from me and don't buy anything from this company..

Last edited by bOOst tsi; 12-20-2011 at 08:05 AM.
bOOst tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Dayum, that sucks balls.

They could've just given you a brand new set, or atleast one brand new coilover.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

they wouldn't budge, they wanted to sell me a whole new system. I WILL NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY EVER! your life can be in danger buying any of their products.. not worth it..

Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default BEWARE!

heres some others to enjoy..

Old 12-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

pretty shitty. could weld it back up and it would probably be stronger
Old 12-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 the425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eaglethe425th is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

WOW. Thanks for the heads up, sorry you had to figure this out the hard way.

XBL Gamertag: the425th

Quote:
do i drive with my turbo on or no?
the425th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Oh wow a "coilover" that costs less than a pear if springs and shocks is of poor quality?
I never could have imagined that, I mean after all, its a COILOVER. Those are mad tyte jdm dorifto racecar stuff there.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Ya, thanks for the head up on this, I was actually looking at some blackworks stuff yesterday and wondering "how do they hold up?"

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocramer View Post
Ya, thanks for the head up on this, I was actually looking at some blackworks stuff yesterday and wondering "how do they hold up?"
please do yourself a favor and stay away from these products..
Old 12-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killaz View Post
pretty shitty. could weld it back up and it would probably be stronger
i wouldn't trust even if they were a block of SS. i guess i will stay with my old school set up that has never failed. GC/Koni
Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Im sorry but dont see how the coilovers did this. U got a before pick?

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Not understanding your question? but i think u mean i picked up the coil overs before they were released? the answer is no. they were in production months before i purchased it. there weren't many reviews on them before i purchased them, but the shop sold batches before i picked them up.MAny shops were selling them as well. they make a lot of products. just like megan,FF and those china based companies. why wouldn't you understand how this would happen? lol
Old 12-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
you arent understanding how the suspension works on an RSX.

the tie rod connects to the coilover itself. that piece broke right off of the coilover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

Looks like the car was at full lock and hit a curb or pothole that caused extra stress on the steering.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Maybe BWR hasn't perfected the McPherson style coilover for say the dc5/ep3 but I wouldn't let this detract from their other coilovers. Granted what you have pictured is a very unsafe condition to say the least lol. I know few people with bwr coilovers in their eg's ek's. All love em. My buddy swapped his ksports out for bwr just last week and he says he very much prefers the bwr coilover. None have had issues with quality. On the flip side like Full Tilt said these are on the cheap end of the spectrum. Buddy has a set of D2 coilovers in his ep3 and the strut plate/pillow ball mount went to shit and totally separated. I welded it back together and is holding strong. Both expensive and cheap shit can and will break.
S2klean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2klean View Post
Maybe BWR hasn't perfected the McPherson style coilover for say the dc5/ep3 but I wouldn't let this detract from their other coilovers. Granted what you have pictured is a very unsafe condition to say the least lol. I know few people with bwr coilovers in their eg's ek's. All love em. My buddy swapped his ksports out for bwr just last week and he says he very much prefers the bwr coilover. None have had issues with quality. On the flip side like Full Tilt said these are on the cheap end of the spectrum. Buddy has a set of D2 coilovers in his ep3 and the strut plate/pillow ball mount went to shit and totally separated. I welded it back together and is holding strong. Both expensive and cheap shit can and will break.
i was very happy with the system. it performed well but something like this should never happen. a blown struct over a short period of time is very understandable. something like this or like your buddies is a very dangerous situation. good luck to all..
Old 12-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
Looks like the car was at full lock and hit a curb or pothole that caused extra stress on the steering.
wheel was turned maybe 180 degrees. never made it to my driveway. I've seen on RR doing 80 on a turns, cars flipped multiple times and worse cases and never encountered a struct snapping like this.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOOst tsi View Post
i was very happy with the system. it performed well but something like this should never happen. a blown struct over a short period of time is very understandable. something like this or like your buddies is a very dangerous situation. good luck to all..
Your 100% right that is messed up and very unsafe. Steering arm is the last thong you want to fail on your particular coilover. But what can you do. Shit happens. Atleast you weren't doing 80mph on the interstate and no one was hurt.
S2klean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
Oh wow a "coilover" that costs less than a pear if springs and shocks is of poor quality?
I never could have imagined that, I mean after all, its a COILOVER. Those are mad tyte jdm dorifto racecar stuff there.
this

koni+GC > any sub 1500-2000 dollar coilover

the only decent coilovers below that price I have seen are eibach or HR

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

So how long has the coilovers been on? This is shitty that it happened to you, but we all live and learn..

Lesson for today kids- Cut corners buy twice. Spend alittle more now, save later.
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/product-reviews/154892-beware-blackworks-llc.html
Posted By For Type Date
[EP3] Coilover ajustables This thread Refback 02-04-2013 10:07 PM
[EP3] set suspension This thread Refback 02-04-2013 02:41 PM
HSD :: D&D coilover Feedback [civic 02-05] - Suspension / Pneus / Freins - Club Civic Quebec :: Forum This thread Refback 02-02-2013 06:20 PM