Alumaloy- Anyone tried this? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
DOG
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG
Default Alumaloy- Anyone tried this?

http://www.alumaloy.com/

I saw video on tv the other day about this stuff and was wondering if anyone knows about it or has tried it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Never tried it, but I will. Just ordered 1lb.
GOOD FIND
I hope this shit works because I'm going to make my intercooler with it.

I called to see how safe this stuff is. I wanted to know what’s in it but it's proprietary. They said it contains no lead mercury or cadmium and it comes with an MSDS (material safety data sheet)

When It gets here I'll post a followup.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
DOG

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to DOG

Cool, I ordered some last night. I'm going to see if it will work on a intake manifold that I have been working on. If it works it will save me a hell of alot of money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

are propane torches hot enough to melt aluminum? Maybe it has magnesium powder in it

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cryz2 Send a message via Skype™ to cryz2

sound to good to be true !!!!!!!!!! but let us know how it works

TWIN CARBS BABY + Bisimoto Cam
Dyslexia sucks
cryz2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
are propane torches hot enough to melt aluminum? Maybe it has magnesium powder in it
Ya, that would make for some nice fireworks!!!!

I dont think so though.
It's some special alloy with a melting point of 750F.
Maybe I'll send a small piece out for elemental analysis

They say the joints can hold pressures of over 700psi. (not like I'll ever need that much but hey)

Funny thing is the "steelaloy" they have is good only to 450F, so it's no good for exhaust work. Oh well, ya cant have everything.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 cryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunnacryz2 is da #1 stunna

sound like brazzing rods

Dyslexia sucks
Old 01-14-2005, 07:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 vtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunna

I actually purchased this stuff over two years ago. I had a B18c that I bought for 200.00 because the back of the block was cracked. I saw this stuff and purchased it figuring...whats the worst that can happen you know. So I bought this hatchback and repaired the back of the block with this stuff. The entire oil pressure sending unit was cracked off. I took about two hours and repaired it. No leaks, no problems, ended up selling the car for a great profit and it still runs to this day. I have always had this stuff since then. It flows very much like solder and the data speaks for itself. I think, given its simplicity, the tensile strength and other properties are pretty impressive. Its strong and threads pretty well also.

Also, thinking still about some uses I have used this for. I had an LS motor which came out of wrecked car. It was a low mile B18B, but the portion of the block that attaches the driver side motor mount got fairly damaged. I filled the entire area in with this stuff, then drilled and tapped new bolt holes. From there I remounted the engine mounts and even torqued them. Stuck the motor in an older Integra I had, sold the car to a friend for a profit. Once again, no problems...and thats an engine mount!

Last edited by vtecnitrocrx; 01-14-2005 at 07:17 AM.
vtecnitrocrx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 skittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

at least its better than bubble gum...
skittyscott is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

yum sound good

Dyslexia sucks
Old 01-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

wow, that stuff is pretty sick.

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

its the as seen on TV part that gets me .....let use know how it works

modsHXcivi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
bspeed

hey they sell that isht at the swap meet.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2005, 05:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Hmmmm
Alll this time Ive been welding doing stuff when I could have just puttied all of these things together...wow!!
rotory20 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

I just tried using it on 1/8th aluminum plate.
I'm having problems with adhesion. It dosent want to stick to the aluminum.
First I used the wire brush like they said and it diddent stick.
Then I hit it with the grinder to really clean it off and still no luck.

Hey vtecnitrocrx, how did you get it to stick?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
El Noob

Rep Power: 27 LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via Yahoo to LoSt GhoSt

Alright, I am bringing this back to the dead because I need to weld a flange to a intake manifold and if this stuff works, I would much rather do this then have someone do it for me.

Anybody try it or updates on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-WELDING...3%3A1|294%3A50
Old 12-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Holy back from the dead .....Anyone!!!

modsHXcivi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
El Noob

LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....

LOL Mods, its like the people never came back with feedback or anything and instead of making a new one. Just revive this one.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

i've seen this inquiry pop up a few times on honda-tech and never have the experiences been good.

builthatch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
El Noob

hm.. Iv been reading some and in some sites they have had great success and in others not so good. Then in others they just say to not bother with it and buy a new piece lol

Guess ill just take it to a shop to weld my two pieces together.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in