Sway Bars - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
pistonhead76

Thumbs down Sway Bars

I wouldn't recommend the Suspension Techniques sway bar kit. Kit was incomplete and poorly engineered.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Noeladams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonhead76
I wouldn't recommend the Suspension Techniques sway bar kit. Kit was incomplete and poorly engineered.

I also have heard very bad things about this product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noeladams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 skittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunnaskittyscott is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

a little better description would help.. what exactly was bad/missing.. was it different than advertised? got pics?
skittyscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

ya, maybe some pics too, so we know how shitty of a company they are

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 06:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

I would like to hear what problems you've had. I have a ST rear sway/tie bar combo. over a year no problems.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

I bought a set a few years ago for my accord and it did not have all the parts to mount it to the car. I ended up returning it.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 07:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Arachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

i want to know what exact parts were missing and how there customer service rates. you guys witht the exp. with them wanna tell me how it is?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Where is Builthatch, I know he has experience with them!!!Topic Poster, please post more info.

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2005, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all

mine came with everything, pretty good instructions. and was still 100 bucks cheaper than a comptech unit which is almost the same.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gftgrill
mine came with everything, pretty good instructions. and was still 100 bucks cheaper than a comptech unit which is almost the same.
i TOTALLY would recommend their kit; went on with ZERO hitches, performance is sensational, etc

you don't have to, but i went ahead and used the Beaks rear subframe reinforcement kit...sub-frame tears can be a BITCH!

Last edited by builthatch; 01-14-2005 at 08:38 PM.
builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

we agree with builthatch ---- every track car we have runs ST sway bars. we just did a tech install on them for HCI magazine and the install ( del sol ) went very smooth.
Jason@Rage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I'm a rare breed, standing behind my Eibach kit since day one.

I just happen to find the Del Sol drifting videos of Frank Lin, OMG........

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
I'm a rare breed, standing behind my Eibach kit since day one.

I just happen to find the Del Sol drifting videos of Frank Lin, OMG........
I'm a manufacturer rep for Eibach; i can tell you their anti roll kits are fabulous, however..they are just that: kits. you can't select just rear,...or, just front..

Old 01-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tuner Type 1 is learning the way of the DTuner Type 1 is learning the way of the D
Thumbs up

Quote:
I would like to hear what problems you've had. I have a ST rear sway/tie bar combo. over a year no problems.

Same here love mine, no probs., and easy install everything was there. 10/10
Tuner Type 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2005, 01:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

I see the original poster never came back to defend himself. maybe a mod should change the title to something more positive or just lock the thread.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

where do you buy these ?? and woh makes em.. neuspeed and ?

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Quote:
I see the original poster never came back to defend himself. maybe a mod should change the title to something more positive or just lock the thread.
ehh, the tables turned in the right way, weird thread, but, it's pretty informative for those of us who have been lazy replacing stuff like sway bars, or, those of us who are even to lazy to research such!

zues- sway bars? suspension techniques, progress, beaks...

BTW, an issue with installing big rear aftermarket sway bars that alot of people are unaware of is detailed here-
www.beaksproducts.com

the lower tie bar, such as that pictured in my pic, is made by neuspeed. several manufactuers make this, it's def. IMO not as important to perform that mod as it is installing increased diameter swaybar, especially for the front! personally, i like, for the street, a big front sway bar and a diesel rear sway bar to match.

Old 01-16-2005, 05:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy

ive been looking at the ST kit for my 89 hatch for a while because of the price so the verdict is theyre worth it????

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers
d1589hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1589hatchy
because of the price so the verdict is theyre worth it????
yes.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

find out before hand the model and if you can get some instructions before purchasing.

I am not a fan of the regular rear sway bar that st sells. it mounts to bottom of the shocks. you have to take the shocks off and turn them around so the nut is facing a certain way.

the one complaint that I had about the ST kit is having to drill a couple of holes in the subframe.

search for a kit that mounts to the factory locations. I think they are much better kits. skunk2 is a good example of this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in