Bisimoto Engineering (Ontario, CA) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Khnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Khnemu
Default Bisimoto Engineering (Ontario, CA)

Here's my experience with Bisi, Hedi and Julio over at Bisimoto Engineering:

Had an appointment for 10:30 AM, got there at 9:30 AM met with Janet and signed in. Waited until 10:30 and Bisi came and greeted us in his trophy room, he was very friendly and excited. He asked us to bring the car around to his bay in the back of the facility, we pushed it around and Julio began setting the car up onto the DynaPacks. Bisi then started to go over the car with a fine tooth comb and nitpicking my mistakes lol. After going over it he asked us how we wanted it tuned and we replied with "conservative" since it will be daily driven.

Then, the problems started happening. The car had a rough start, rough idle and died on tip in throttle. Bisi was vigilante in diagnosing the car, he came to the conclusion that the Omnipower 3 bar MAP sensor was the culprit. He switched it out for a stock Honda MAP and the symptoms went away. Then as he tried to start tuning, the TPS and MAP sensor weren't reading correctly. Bisi found out they were switched around and fixed that.

Basically we had so many little problems it took over 5 hours for us to even begin tuning the car which Bisi took with stride and never made it seem like we were wasting his time (I can't say how much I appreciated this Bisi).

Hedi "randomly" asked us if we were vegetarians and we replied "No". She then left and not too long later she brought us some burgers and drinks (we had been awake for 24+ hours and hadn't ate being so excited getting the car running)

Bisi began tuning and at 10 PSI creeping to 11 the car made 255 whp and 202 wtq, then we ran into another issue with the wastegate this time. Bisi fixed it like a boss and kept tuning. 15.5 PSI netted ~275 whp and 220 wtq. About an hour later he stopped at 17.8 PSI and 320 whp @ 7000 RPM and 254 wtq @ 6000 RPM.

Setup is:
Stock Y8 Head
Vitara / FJ-R bottom end (9.1:1 CR on 91 Octane)
Go-Autoworks Tuner kit (T3/T4 50 trim .63 A/R)
ID1000cc injectors

The tires we were running had clearance issues with the cold side charge pipes, Bisi being so kind LENT us 2 13" wheels to get home on with a promise from us to bring them back.

We ended up being there for about 8 hours and ended up buying a AEM MAP sensor due to the Omnipower crapping out on us. Bisi had a planned event to be at earlier in the day and went out of his way to make sure we could drive home. The total cost of the tune, MAP sensor, etc was well into the $1,250 range but Bisi and Hedi being true enthusiasts and friends brought the price down to $650 total.

The whole time Bisi was working on this car I was amazed on how dedicated he was and how passionate he was about getting the car to run perfect. Hedi came by and chatted with us while Bisi did his magic, I got to see the 1004 WHP Civic Si and all of his nice projects.

I really have no words to describe how amazing these people are and what they do for the racing community.

I already have 3 friends planning on taking their cars to him after hearing what he did for us.

Bisi: Thank you times one million, you are insane!
Hedi: Thank you for your hospitality.
Julio: You saved the day with the MAP sensor diagnosis, hahaha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Khnemu; 12-07-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Khnemu is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

Glad to hear a good review about these guys!
TheToaster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 21 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

Good shit, nice to hear. errr read

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

suprised to hear.

But Im not convinced.

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice to hear a good review about Bisi also.. It seems like some people have had bad experiences with bisi on his products.
JOHNNYEF9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

good shit! That's bad ass man!

But................................. where are the pics or video

Pata is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5hatch View Post
suprised to hear.

But Im not convinced.
Harder to screw someone in person, and harder to avoid people if there is a problem. I say IP check OP to make sure its not one of his cronies

Lol, OP, glad it went well.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Well I don't think anyone ever bad mouthed his talent or abilities just his customer service and questionable part quality vs price.
moff3tt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 EGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

$1250 down to $650??? That's one hell of 'a friend'. With such poor customer service, it sucks to see good talent go to waste.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Khnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
good shit! That's bad ass man!

But................................. where are the pics or video
Working on it, going to make a video and upload it to Youtube tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Harder to screw someone in person, and harder to avoid people if there is a problem. I say IP check OP to make sure its not one of his cronies

Lol, OP, glad it went well.
Trust me, I don't work for Bisi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGDriver93 View Post
$1250 down to $650??? That's one hell of 'a friend'. With such poor customer service, it sucks to see good talent go to waste.
Well if you think about it, we were there for 7+ hours @ $180 an hour + $140 for the MAP sensor it's well over what we paid which I'm thankful for.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

A local tuner (Blundar) who is a member here but doesn't post often, has the same issues with people bringing in "junk" that he has to fix in order to tune. It is one thing to half ass a build, but sometimes the owner just doesn't know. I'm not bashing you, but I've seen some of the crap that has been brought in for tuning.

So a simple 2 hour tuning session can turn into 6-7 hours fighting headaches. Mounting and dismounting the car from the Dynapack cells is no fun either. Esp. on lowered cars with lots of camber.

I only say this as I've watched/helped Dave a few times with the dyno. He can only see two display screens when making a pull. I try to be the extra set of eyes that might see a coolant leak, cracked turbo manifold, etc. Or even hear a random noise that he can't hear from the drivers seat, hopefully while wearing ear protection!

Also how I learned about the slew number settings on the Dynapack and how they effect the readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
A local tuner (Blundar) who is a member here but doesn't post often, has the same issues with people bringing in "junk" that he has to fix in order to tune. It is one thing to half ass a build, but sometimes the owner just doesn't know. I'm not bashing you, but I've seen some of the crap that has been brought in for tuning.

So a simple 2 hour tuning session can turn into 6-7 hours fighting headaches. Mounting and dismounting the car from the Dynapack cells is no fun either. Esp. on lowered cars with lots of camber.

I only say this as I've watched/helped Dave a few times with the dyno. He can only see two display screens when making a pull. I try to be the extra set of eyes that might see a coolant leak, cracked turbo manifold, etc. Or even hear a random noise that he can't hear from the drivers seat, hopefully while wearing ear protection!

Also how I learned about the slew number settings on the Dynapack and how they effect the readings
Yea I understand, nothing that was on the car was wrong or half assed it was just I didn't know any better. The MAP sensor was a failure on Omnipower's part everything else was either overlooked or fixed before tuning.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5hatch View Post
surprised to hear.

But I'm not convinced.
They are some of the nicest most helpful people you will ever meet, in person.

Last edited by krychek57; 12-08-2011 at 05:42 AM.
krychek57 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Man, The myth, The legend

Rep Power: 17 Bisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagleBisimoto is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bisimoto

Thanks for the kind words, Sebastian. My D-series brothers, thanks for the kind words as well. The bad eggs within Bisimoto are not with us anylonger, as I have mentioned in the past, and we are dedicated to taking care of you.
The best is yet to come, and have a great week.
06 Insight Unibody, F22A: [email protected]
2011 CR-Z: 533hp

Bisimoto is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 05:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

good stuff
Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisimoto View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Sebastian. My D-series brothers, thanks for the kind words as well. The bad eggs within Bisimoto are not with us anylonger, as I have mentioned in the past, and we are dedicated to taking care of you.
The best is yet to come, and have a great week.
We've heard this before. Three times, to be precise. *shrugs* Whatever.

This whole post is WTF I've been talking about for a long time. Bisi himself is pretty )(#*()*#$ awesome, helpful, knowledgeable and capable. I just have issues with Bisimoto's lack of customer service and some of the parts they sell (looks at the Bisimoto V2 header sitting on a shelf, waiting to get repaired (again) by me this winter break).

I really hope that people pay attention to this post and can be mature enough to separate the man from the company, when it comes to real stuff.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in