Progress Technology :) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Progress Technology :)

Progress Technology Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!

I bought the Progress CS-II coilovers

I ordered at 2:00 am and it shipped at 3:00 that day. Awesome

Customer service was great I put the wrong numbers for my springs when I ordered from their website and I called them and it was fixed with no problem and I got the right springs in the box.

They sell moslty suspension products like swaybars, coilovers, endlinks, springs.

I will rate my experience at Excellent.

I did tons of research before I bought these for my hatch, I went with 350 spring rates in the front and rear. I couldn't be happier with the 600 I spent on suspension. Great instructions and made here in the United States.

Last edited by CampinCracker; 12-06-2011 at 02:32 PM.
CampinCracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

really? u got lucky last time i tried to buy from them they were on back order for their coilovers for over 6 months

what a waste of time that was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

So if I am reading this right, the Series 1 kits are about $1100 and the Series 2 kits are about $600. Neither kit provides for damping rate adjustments except that the series 1 kits are rebuildable.

Correct?
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 bradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enoughbradg will become famous soon enough

Post up some pics already! I'm hoping to get some CS-II's soon here as well. What spring rates did you go with?

Edit: reading owns me. You went with the 350s front and rear.

Let us know how you like them once they are installed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bradg; 12-06-2011 at 01:26 PM.
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have had them installed for about 3 weeks and I love them I will post some pics in just a little while. They are not adjustable which is fine by me because I was trying to stay under 600 dollars and wanted a quality strut for the daily driver and once in awhile track days and auto x's.

I will post some pics here in a minute.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Last edited by CampinCracker; 12-06-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: pic to big
Old 12-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Here are the pics with the suspension on and that is about as low as I want to go.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Lower than I would go. But looks great!

Last edited by moff3tt; 01-08-2012 at 08:48 AM.
moff3tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff3tt View Post
Lower that I would go. But looks great!
Thanks man the pictures actually make it look better than it is!! The paint is fading pretty bad and about 4 million hail dents lol. Thank you though, and the suspension made it look 100 times better.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Front left wheel seems to be sitting back, should be further. Bent LCA?
Raimundo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimundo View Post
Front left wheel seems to be sitting back, should be further. Bent LCA?
No the lca's aren't bent, the wheel might be turned a little in the picture
Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

UNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I like it, looks good. Also like the lip. .?. Thanks for sharing this product with us.
UNDERSTIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

How low do the rears go? Mine are almost maxxed right when the tire is flush, while the fronts could tuck tire and then some.

sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 civicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enoughcivicexracer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sde780 View Post
How low do the rears go? Mine are almost maxxed right when the tire is flush, while the fronts could tuck tire and then some.

With 350# springs and by the shock design, these are definitely not shocks to be slammed on. Progress pretty much says so in the description on their own page.

Karcepts RaceDayVinyl SSC Tint & Graphics
4x A.I. ST Champion
5x WDCR ST Champion
2x CDC Small Bore Series Champion
1x CDC Index Champion
2x NCCBMW X4 Champion
civicexracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I know, I was just wondering if you have the same scenario where the rear perches are adjusted much lower than the front for an even ride height.
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 ochata will become famous soon enoughochata will become famous soon enoughochata will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
really? u got lucky last time i tried to buy from them they were on back order for their coilovers for over 6 months

what a waste of time that was
i went online to purchased them (2-6-12) and received an email the next day saying they were on back order till the end of march. i went ahead and canceled my order. so now im thinking about getting some functions...idk
ochata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular

i was interested in these for my new project CRX but i think ill just save the extra for PIC coils. i want something adjustable but decent review. pics of the coils out of the box would be nice!
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16devin View Post
i was interested in these for my new project CRX but i think ill just save the extra for PIC coils. i want something adjustable but decent review. pics of the coils out of the box would be nice!
i dont think you want adjustable. having a dampener tuned for the spring is a way better idea.
Quote:
Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular

so the PIC apex vs PIC select...the select have the 4 way adjustability. are you saying the matched set up on the apex is a better design and paying for adjustability isnt always the best idea?
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

no im saying a progress shock is designed for the spring it comes with, and it should perform better than an adjustable setup like Megan, D2, Ksport, Junk2, etc...

this thread is about Progress products, right?
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in