Password JDM "JDM Spec Fenders" - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Default Password JDM "JDM Spec Fenders"

Alright guys as some of you may know i ordered a set of PWJDM fenders for my ED hatch because mine were pretty banged up and white. I decided i wanted to convert to jdm front so why not pick these up. Well I got them in the mail today and heres my oppinion on the product.
Packaging:
Packaging was fairly good and everything wrapped up pretty nicely to help prevent damage. Everything made it here safe and sound.

The Product:
At first glance the fenders look like aftermarket replacement fenders with sidemarker holes (obviously) and in my case they came with OEM Stanley Side markers and wire harness. Now comes the bad part. The fenders feel so delicate and fragile. Not to say the OEM fenders are much better but these things, i was amazed at how cheap they felt. I also sliced my hand open due to very sharp edges in the stamping work.

Fitment:
Overall fitment on these is a joke. None of the mounting holes line up and i even had to drill the ones behind the door out because they were so far off. Im not done mounting them yet but so far its been hell. i literally have to force the fender into place to get anything to line up and even then some holes just wont line up. And this is just getting it on the car not even doing body gaps yet. Also in order to get the sidemarkers to fit in the holes i had to bust out the dremmel because the markers were too big for the holes.

Conclusion:
Overall im not a happy customer. For the price i could have got a set of OEM fenders and cut my own holes but i figured why not give these a shot. The craftsmanship and quality of these fenders is very poor and overall i would give this product a 5.5 out of 10 at most. Next time im going to go OEM.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Dee16Why8 is learning the way of the DDee16Why8 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dee16Why8 Send a message via Skype™ to Dee16Why8

thats a shame, but no surprise. anything that PW:JDM sells is overrated and certainly overpriced.

Dee16Why8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano

Yeah but against my better judgment I gave it a shot. Customer service and products are both a huge failure.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I have yet to see any repop sheetmetal for these cars that isn't garbage. If you can afford it and it is still available, OEM is the way to go. I bought a brand new OEM filler panel for my car after trying to get a good quality aftermarket piece. The difference is quality is astounding.

At least from the pictures, the body lines look nice and crisp. It is probably mostly due to think metal more than a refined die.

That sucks man. You pretty much confirmed exactly what I though they might be like.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Yeah but it happens and we learn. Ill get them to fit it just shouldnt be so hard. I also have a repro filler on the way I hope it fits a little better. Next time oem for sure.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
Yeah but it happens and we learn. Ill get them to fit it just shouldnt be so hard. I also have a repro filler on the way I hope it fits a little better. Next time oem for sure.
I hope so man. All of the ones I have seen are absolute garbage.

FWIW, the OEM filler piece was less than 100 shipped IIRC.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Thanks for the review!

I was on the fence for buying a set for my EJ, but now I'm definitely going with OEM.

Those look like non-CAPA certified Keystone replacement fenders.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
I hope so man. All of the ones I have seen are absolute garbage.

FWIW, the OEM filler piece was less than 100 shipped IIRC.
I hope so too man we will have to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wischmaster View Post
Thanks for the review!

I was on the fence for buying a set for my EJ, but now I'm definitely going with OEM.

Those look like non-CAPA certified Keystone replacement fenders.
They are definately certified garbage haha

Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 Midori EK is learning the way of the DMidori EK is learning the way of the D

I got them for 96-98 EK and they are PURE CRAP!
Fitment is VERY poor and not all bolts line up. I would've saved for OEM fenders but o well... mistake is alreay made.

Not to mention, pw:jdm sent me 2 left sidemarkers and didn't responded.

Last edited by Midori EK; 11-16-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Midori EK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

That's exactly my problem I already bought them by learn from it I'm gonna make them fit

Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

PWJDM=JDM CAPA !

i knew that's what they were selling to begin with, now your experience just solidifies that.

but on the other hand a body shop should be able to make it fit, if you want to spend the dough
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 03:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

ill make it fit myself. and the way i see it theres no review out there on these so now people can see for them selves. it sucks but its not the end of the world just money.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Did you not try weksos? Or was it the price? I would of done the same thing. Live and learn unfortunatly, it was on your dollar.

Gl!
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

NOTHING beats OEM fittment!.........Bottom line.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Weksos carries pwjdm but they left me hanging so I said fuck it

Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

pw jdm fenders on my eg
fit just as good as oem, no one would be able to tell if they were aftermarket
Old 11-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 Midori EK is learning the way of the DMidori EK is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killaz View Post
pw jdm fenders on my eg
fit just as good as oem, no one would be able to tell if they were aftermarket
did all your "bolt holes" lined up exactly?
Midori EK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori EK View Post
did all your "bolt holes" lined up exactly?
everything lined up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in