JDM Engines - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default JDM Engines

I have a 2000 civic ex standard vtec. I need to replace the stock d16y8 engine. I've tried all of the junkyards in my area as well as Craigslist and I can't find a motor with reasonable miles.so I have turned to jdm.
Does any one have experience with usedjapanmotors.com ? I requested a price quote and talked to a sales rep today, and they seemed pretty Legit.
I am considering the d16y8 for 96-00 out of their online shop.

So does any one have an opinion or past experience with this company?
If so, let me know
RJ420x is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Hmotorsonline.com /thread
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Except for the fact that hmotors does not have the particular engine I need

Old 11-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The only reason to get rid of your Y8 would be if you destroyed it completely. Is it not rebuildable? D16Y8 is not a "JDM" motor.

Two most common "JDM" single slammer swaps
Obd-1 D15bvtec
Obd-2 D15b 3 stage vtec=not as fun to tune
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

unless you live in California, get a jdm b16 swap from h-motorsonline.
do a rear disk conversion and enjoy your em1 clone.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ok, a b series swap is out of question, I can't afford the swap. It blew a connectingrod and burned out the 4th cylinder and there were chunks of metal through out the oil pan. I need to replace this. Judging by the info given on the website, what engine are they trying to sell me then
Old 11-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mini_EG

Hmotors gets shipments every two week. Call and tell them what you want and they'll call you when they get it. Worked for me several times.

88 RT4WD Lifted Wagon Build

mini_EG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, I would p*** around and wait for a new shipment to come in, but I NEED my car back up and running ASAP. Back on topic, has anyone ever dealt with usedjapanmotors.com before?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

U can try d16z6 they run good
Miav8killa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I'm kind of in the same position as you just not at all as bad lol. Was looking around for a new motor but in here Orlando shit is ran on hard and people are shady so decided just to rebuild mine. I personally wouldn't mess with jdm stuff unless you can get a chipped ecu because finding a p2j ecu for the stage 3 vtec (considering your obd2) would be expensive and time consuming. The obd1 is fine but you need a obd1 harness and a chipped ecu or p08. if i was you i would just find a cheap block and use my y8 parts on it. To answer your question no i haven't heard of anything from them but i hear a lot of good stuff about hmotors.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ420x View Post
Ok, a b series swap is out of question, I can't afford the swap. It blew a connectingrod and burned out the 4th cylinder and there were chunks of metal through out the oil pan.
then i would look for something like this:
JDM 96-00 Honda Civic 1.6L SOHC D16Y7 NonVTEC ZC Engine | eBay

its VERY similar to the usdm d16y7
i do not know this seller, and i am not telling you to buy from him.
will you be doing the work yourself?
i recommend you keep your y8 head and intake and exhaust manifolds, or get a y7 ecu if you use the 96-00 ZC.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Also if they have a d16y8, not something jdm. i would jump on it.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 coasttime is da #1 stunnacoasttime is da #1 stunnacoasttime is da #1 stunnacoasttime is da #1 stunnacoasttime is da #1 stunnacoasttime is da #1 stunnacoasttime is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Have you tried Honda-tech marketplace they sometimes ship on there as well.

"Learn from yesterday live for today hope for tomorrow.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Dwight Schrute: “There’s too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.”
coasttime is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 HondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enoughHondaGuy8 will become famous soon enough

op, I know this thread is a moth old not sure if you already got your motor or not, when you said Hmotors did not have what you are looking for, did you call them? The reason I ask is because they don't list everything they have on their website.

My Build Thread

1995 EJ1 (Totalled)

1994 EJ1 ( in progress)

HondaGuy8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

find a z6 block and slap your existing y8 head on and enjoy higher compression. the quench is changed and you may have to play with timing a little to smooth everything out, but it will daily drive just fine and get slightly better gas mileage

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
jdm replace

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in