Northwest Cylinder Heads - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LeprechaunEvil
Default Northwest Cylinder Heads

Ebay ID: nwcylinderheads

I bought a rebuilt d15b7 head. It arrived quickly and was well packaged, but unfortunately had a very serious flaw - whoever had done the rebuild had put in the wrong intake valves. They were a fraction of an inch too tall and there was no way to back the rockers all the way off of them, even with the studs backed all the way out, the rockers were still putting pressure on the valves. Thus, the valves could not shut, and I couldn't build any compression.

Unfortunately - I didn't notice this until I had attached the head. Thankfully, TJ with Northwest not only provided me with prepaid shipping to send the head back - he compensated me for the $95 head gasket I wasted. Within ~10 days of sending the head back, it was fixed, on my doorstep and my paypal was credited.

While I will say I was unhappy that the problem occurred in the first place - I am happy with how I was taken care of. I'm sure that was a fluke, and I'd buy from them again.
LeprechaunEvil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Good shit glad it was fixed in a very professional manner... But where the hell did you get a 95 dollar headgasket? I just swapped mine and the thing was 22 bucks after taxes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

glad to hear there are still some legit companies out there
tegpower18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

What's the address? Are they in wa or oregon?
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelts-face View Post
What's the address? Are they in wa or oregon?
Google says Spokane, WA
eBay My World - nwcylinderheads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 EGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I've heard nothing but GOOD things from these guys. A lot of Honda guys in Portland use them...
Advertisement

Tags
nwcylinderheads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in