Exospeed Stage 2 Z6 Head - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 05:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
jb2178

Thumbs up Exospeed Stage 2 Z6 Head

With valves and camshaft option.

For those of you who haven't followed my attempt at being a mechanic here's a brief rundown of the last 4 months.

Ordered a Stage 2 head w/ camshaft which I recieved in september. I attempted the swap on my own and ended up bending a valve - so I swapped the old head back on and took the exo head to a local shop. I ordered a set of stainless steal valves from exo and had a valve job done on the head and had it installed.

Well I got the car back last Tuesday and was breaking in the head by keeping it under 4000 for 400 miles. While breaking it in I noticed my idle is high while the engine is cold (around 2K) but once the engine warms up it drops back to 700-800. The next thing I noticed was the extra noise coming from the head, it's definatly not stock and you can tell even at idle, the valves are just clapping shut a lot faster then stock. Well it was very difficult to put the 400 miles on it and I will admit takign it to 5000 twice but other then that I was good to it.

So yesterday we took a trip to Orlando and when I woke up this morning I had 414 miles on the engine so I got to run it on the way to work this morning and boy is it something else. First of all the additional power is most noticable from 5000-7000 rpms, I'm sure some dyno tuning and an adjustable cam will help raise the power output on the high end but I really like the extra pull you get across the whole power band. Once the vtec kicks in the new head sounds more like a B16 then a D and I still have the stock exhaust on. It just gets LOUD but it's a good loud because it's not some gay raspy exhaust note - it's the engine making the noise Very Very pleased with the end result - once we get moved I plan on picking up a cam and maybe Intake Manifold and getting it dyno'd. Now I can officially say Exospeed is a great company that does great work!

Also I put on the Konig Heliums on thusday and I'm quite happy with that little christmas present too - I'll put some picks of the wheels up this afternoon when I get home...

Engine Head Thread
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12023

Helium Thread
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14037
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2004, 05:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

sounds nice !! GET 2 A DYNO ASAP !!!

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2004, 06:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
bspeed

Good review, glad exo's parts are working out for you. ^^^^ ditto about the dyno.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2004, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

how long was the time it took from the day you sent them your head...so you got it ported/polished, springs retainers originally and now you have vavles and stock cam?

jeez dude im dieing to buy a exospeed head...roughly $1300? good luck with that and im dieing to see a dynochart