Carbon trunks - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2004, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Carbon trunks

I am gonna rid my civic of the wing, but I dont want the holes to be left there, so Im gonna get a carbon trunk, spendy?? fuck yeah!!! ouch, but I have a black civ and I think it would go good with my carbon hood!! So what do u guys think about the idea? Could I drive in somewhat cold weather with it on do u think? Thanks Paul
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2004, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I sure as hell would if i could afford that 400$ bite...
I would rather put it into my engine..just me though..I have a white car so it looks funny..
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2004, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

black on white always looks good.
MyblkVTEC -> It seems like you've got gobs of money to spend so it's your choice, but you could go to AceHardware in the fastener section and get some black, little flat rubber plugs and just pop them in the holes in your trunk. They'll keep the water out too. Since your car is black you really wouldn't notice them and it'd be less than $3.
Something like this:

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

I never thought of that, not bad man, but for style's sake, I might just get a new trunk, I mean itll look more respectable without that damn aluminum wing...lol..I cant wait!! Ill have pics u best believe when there both on!!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I aint rich, I bust my ass for my money, its just 80 percent of my check is towards the civic and the rest bills...
Old 11-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

fuck that !!!

get the carbon trunk ... that shit is the hotness
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
I aint rich, I bust my ass for my money, its just 80 percent of my check is towards the civic and the rest bills...
damn my check about 75% bills, 20% money to live on, 5% for the civic
Old 11-24-2004, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I still live my mom...Im only 19...so i got to milk it while I still can!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
H22acivicman

Haha Nice Way to Put it Man..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
bspeed

Carbon trunks are ill.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
jb2178

where are you getting it from - I haven't been able to find them on any sites after one went down... I always wanted both hood and trunk on my white coupe - but on your black one it'll be nice!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

hit up ebay man, they sell VIS, like 500 bucks, but they rock!!
Old 12-05-2004, 03:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

you know when you take that wing off, you'll lose 50 whp....hahah j/k
I love c/f deck lids
jobe_149 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2004, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

take everything off ur car.... use some bonda... put it in primer grey... get some steelies with sticky rubber.. slam it... then swap a k..
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2004, 04:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
infinatenexus

Once I paint my car I am going to start saving for a Carbon Fiber trunk and hood.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
I am gonna rid my civic of the wing, but I dont want the holes to be left there, so Im gonna get a carbon trunk, spendy?? fuck yeah!!! ouch, but I have a black civ and I think it would go good with my carbon hood!! So what do u guys think about the idea? Could I drive in somewhat cold weather with it on do u think? Thanks Paul
CF trunks looks sweet. There's a guy on H-T by the name of Bryan F (a.k.a. EGStreetHtch) who has the VIS CF tailgate on his EG hatch and it looks nice (see pic below of his car). I talked to him through email to ask about them. He told me his hood, wing and lip are all VIS units and he is quite happy with them and the fitment is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotory20
...just me though..I have a white car so it looks funny..
No way man it would look good. See \/ \/ \/ \/

IMO I think the CF parts on a white Civic (**EDIT** make that ANY Civic) look good. The only parts I would shy away from are the CF fenders. I just can't justify spending that kind of money for such a small loss of weight since the OEM fenders don't weigh all that much to begin with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste

Last edited by Steve-O; 12-05-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2004, 05:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

go for the carbon that shit is tight ...and blk on blk oh yeah

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Yep, carbon hood and trunk is the way Im gonna go, along with the real carbon F1 mirrors I got
Old 12-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
egcivicboy

hell ya man, ive always wanted to get the cf trunk on my ej1
Old 12-06-2004, 09:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
not a wanksta

Rep Power: 15 save a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

cf hoods and trunks are what make the "others" (by that i mean non civic owners) call us all ricers. black on a civic is undoubtedly one of the absolute cleanest colors you could possibly have. i bet your car looks super clean now... and since it is black, i bet the grommets mentioned by icarusdown would hardly be noticeable. i guess i just dont like cf in that large of a spot. i mean, on the dash... ok, it looks nice. but the entire trunk? it will just look like you got in an accident. just my $.02, black is a very clean color for a civic.
save a civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in