DAD racing seats - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin
Default DAD racing seats

well the universal sliders...if they qwanna charge you for them id recommend saying no thank you went out to home depot and bought 6 feets of aluminum plate and built a bracket to mount to the seat then the rails to that. took about 4 hours to complete and put the SEAT in (pass) and it turned out great. the ride height of the seat is a tad bit taller and thats proably due to the bracket i had to build but its no big deal. the seats didnt look like they came aroudn my shoulders and much more than my stock DX seats i have in my hf but that extra inch or so is a BIG diffrence. the material is quite nice actually, not some cheap stuff or anything. better than i even expected. tomorrow the driver side hopefully will take me less time to assemble since i did one now already.

as for mouonting the harness i did the seat belt mounts in stock position and then i extended the rear part that basiclly is supposed to bolt into the body of the car but instead i made it strap around my rear strut tower bar. not sure how safe that is but i figured hey if i need ot use the harnesses i figure that strut bar should be holding pretty good and if not my whole rear suspension is coming out

10 out of 10

ps. my gf comes into town tomorrow and has a digi cam so ill get some pics up asap. also get some updated pics of my overall car

Last edited by mynameistin; 11-20-2004 at 02:31 PM.
mynameistin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

good shit post up some pics ..and i guess the sliders suck lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2004, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Well, DIY is fun isn't it?
How much did you pay for the pair? (And are they reclining seats or fixed bucket?) Let us know what you think, cause I either need to reupholster my CRX seats or get some new ones.

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I just saw your edit.
Um, I really dont recommend mounting the belts to the rear strut brace. As far as I've ever encountered, this is not sanctioned as safe. If you're going to use harnesses to increase the safety, then you should do it right and not just for looks.
BTW, what brand harnesses are you using and how do you like them?

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2004, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

the whikle package deal was like $369 with harness's and rails and free shipping.. couldnt beat that. the harness's i have no idea to be honest iwth you. they are just black with no writing on them. personally i like that. i hate having name brands showing everywhere but to whatever you like. the harness's seemed nice when i strapped myself into the passengar seat. i tightened it all the way and i coiukdnt even bend forward or move an inch. no itching or antyhing.