ACT clutch street/strip clutch and heavyduty pressure plate.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore
Default ACT clutch street/strip clutch and heavyduty pressure plate..

ok want 2 do this cause im impressed...

this is on the
street/strip clutch and heavyduty pressure plate
on a D16Z6 with 132 hp (flywheel)
FACTS:
40,000 miles done with ALOT off autox and 1/4mile
grips like flyes on shit
nice feeling drivin it

the conclusion :
i have done everything with this clutch you should NOT do 2 a clutch
an STILL hangin on like a champ

ZZ
i will say GO for it !

mods: feel free 2 do alittle spell check... im danish

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
hqr180

coo, i like act and also clutchnet. u should try their clutches out
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

is this the HDSS act clutch, because i was looking into getting but heard after 30000 miles it was shot, also heard rumors about it warping the stock flywheel. i need a clutch bad, ive boiled it down to three, clutmasters, act, or exidy, the only one that looks worth it is the act but i cant find it cheaper than 250- thats like 50 dollars more than im willing to spend, especially if its only going 30000 miles
dank91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2004, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

those you heard this from.. did they EVEN have a ACT ??
but yes it is the HDSS and it grips nice ! all miles was done on a fidenza alu flywheel.. an still going strong !... so fuck what you heard an get one NOW
have other friends driving it.. there are all real happy about it !.. but mine has done MOST miles and got the most beatting !

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2004, 06:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

cool thats good to know, i beat on a clutch bad, so i need something thats gonna last
Old 11-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatch-attack is learning the way of the Dhatch-attack is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I had the hd-ss in my 91 hb with zc swap and drove it probally harder than most of you will. Mine was on the stock flywheel and I did not due the break in period at all. From the time it was installed to the time I took it out all I did was beat the piss out of it and mine lasted just under 2 years. Take that for what you will but it gets my vote as a great clutch.
hatch-attack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

do any of you guys know where to get it for less than 250
Old 11-30-2004, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
bspeed

ACT..... broken diaphragm fingers, Used center hubs, friction material that came unbonded from itself.....I digress, Not too many people have had problems with them and they work well(when they work). I had poor luck with the three I have owned(bought two and old car came with one.) I have since switched to Action Clutch and not one complaint since.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

cool, yeah i havnt heard too many good things about ACT, i went with a exedy replacement and 8lb flywheel for the price of the ACT clutch kit
Old 12-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hatch-attack is learning the way of the Dhatch-attack is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Just remember you get what you pay for. That's probally why you got a whole clutch kit and flywheel for just the price of an ACT kit. Clutchmasters would be my #1 pic and ACT #2 Centerforce gets #3 and poo on exedy unless you get the expensive one. I blew mine apart in like 3 months.
hatch-attack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2004, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
92SIvic

i bought the ACT street-lite clutch and flywheel.. im just waiting to finish my engine before i can put them to the test... ill let you guys know my oppinon.. im pretty hard on clutchs too..
Old 01-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
civicstyle

I have the six puck with heavy duty press. plate and street-lite flywheel. I love the set up but now aftear about 5 months I am haveing to replace my realse bearing. Don't no if who istallied screwed it up or if it just mest up. I will prob find out in about a week when my tranny gets dropped. But overall good set up to me
Old 01-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Dr.Boost is learning the way of the DDr.Boost is learning the way of the D

I know alot of people having good luck with Clutch Specialties clutches and they sell for a damn good price. Contact this guy if you're interested.
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...threadid=29512

Sorry for linking to a different forum.
Dr.Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

I have ACT HDSS w/ Street lite Flywheel this is the second kit I bought personally "Two different Cars" I have never broke them in like I was supposed to just break them in like they always say "Break it in how you plan to use it" No problems on any of mine and I have even sprayed numerous 75 shots of Zex and never missed a beat! I would recomend them over many competitors! And as far as Price go I can get the whole HDSS kit for well under 250 considering I am a dealer Cost is about 200 for complete kit w/ everything
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in