Skunk 2 IM vs. Edelbrock IM - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series Strom Trooper

Rep Power: 17 98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98DoHcKiller
Default Skunk 2 IM vs. Edelbrock IM

Ok so the Edelbrock performer intake manifolds for sport compact are suppoused to do most if there power from 2000 to 7000, but my all time fav the Skunk 2 are rated 3000 to 7500.... so in your mind whats fact and whats foe, what do you like the best, and are Edelbrock worth the money.
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2004, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i would go with edelbrock simply because of the quality of the skunk 2 im.. ive read on many occasions how it breaks.... alot of people get screwed over by there shitty customer service.
russianwonder32 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2004, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
bspeed

I haven't ever heard of the Edelbrock unit having ONE single problem. Do we really need to get into a Skunk bashfest when there are already so many? Hmmmm I wonder which one I would choose.
  Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2004, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Caddy

Honestly i've heard a few things. One of the most common is that the skunk2 is a harder fit sometimes, but other than that, i believe they are fairly similar in design. Performance they're probably not too different, but i've never heard complaints with the edelbrock
Old 11-14-2004, 06:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series Strom Trooper

Rep Power: 17 98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect98DoHcKiller  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98DoHcKiller

so ive heard the pros and cons about both, just not sure which one to do on my monster d build.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Edelbrock has some sick runner port sizes!!!

Is skunk2 made in america?? ONly reason I ask is because even though we drive japanese cars, we should take every chance we can and buy american parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2004, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic4ges
Edelbrock has some sick runner port sizes!!!

Is skunk2 made in america?? ONly reason I ask is because even though we drive japanese cars, we should take every chance we can and buy american parts.
I agree! I gots da edelbrocks and da magnaflows
Old 11-14-2004, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
sohcbuilder

i trust any jap part way more then i do an american one.

i read a article about the edlebrock and it only added 5.3 hp on a stock motor.

i dont know about the skunk2 power output on a d but it is spec'ed at 12.3hp at the wheels on a b16 by h.p. books.

and yes it is made in america (skunk2)
Old 11-14-2004, 11:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'd love to see a 12.3hp gain on the wheels from a SK2 intake........
flatfourfan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2004, 05:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Another vote for edelbrock IM... Its some good stuff!

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2004, 05:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
sohcbuilder

? i cant decied if you are being seriouse or not.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcbuilder
i trust any jap part way more then i do an american one.
Why is that?? I would love you to explain more!!!

Quote:
i dont know about the skunk2 power output on a d but it is spec'ed at 12.3hp at the wheels on a b16 by h.p. books.
On a "B", what does the victor x from Edelbrock bring for a gain on a "B"?? Edelbrvock also fits in the engine bay right, skunk2 does not. Its a better design, and in my mind with the right headwork done, will net a higher gain that the skunk2 piece.

Quote:
and yes it is made in america (skunk2)
You sure? And if so, then awesome!!! I love it!!
I would buy american cars if they were worth their cost, but they are not! However I try to take every opportunity I can to keep american people working!!

Old 11-15-2004, 07:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Quote:
? i cant decied if you are being seriouse or not.
Who? Rexinre?? He rocks the edelbrock turbo kit!!

Old 11-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy

well edelbrokc has been around for how long???? yet again another brad who has been building intakes and carbs and all sorts of performace products for a long time and have produced good numbers on V8s and some v6s it wouldnt suprise me if theyre I4 intakes are just as good

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers
d1589hatchy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
sohcbuilder

civic4ges answers

1. if it is ant resemblense of there cars (honda) the shit is built to last.

2. the EG edlebrock manifold only put out 6.1 on a b16

3. yes there are american. i cant remember the guy's name but he lives in cali.

4. no fatfourfan

you probally already do more for america then you think. when you by the #1 combo at mcdonalds, or the two taco for 99c you buy on your way to work everyday. there is tons of stuff you do for your country every day and never even notice.

skunk2 only makes parts for imports, that is all they do, so IMO they know what they are doing, vs edlebrock who might just slap a better looking product together to make money.

not knocking just my thoughts
Old 11-15-2004, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!

I hate fast food!

Old 11-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Quote:
skunk2 only makes parts for imports, that is all they do, so IMO they know what they are doing, vs edlebrock who might just slap a better looking product together to make money.not knocking just my thoughts
Im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that part. I believe Edeblrock is far from a company that just slaps together a product, especially entering the highly competitive and highly lucrative import scene. Many companies already just jump into things without giving them thought, which is something Edelbrock I am sure will not subscribe to!

Last edited by Honda4VW; 11-15-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic4ges
Im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that part. I believe Edeblrock is far from a company that just slaps together a product, especially entering hte highly competitive and highly lucrative import scene. Many companies already just jump into things without giving them though, which is something Edelbrock i am sure will not subscribe to!
I totally agree with you on that one!

Old 11-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

I plan on buying the edelbrock IM when the funds become available. I already have an edelbrock short shifter. that thing is super nice.

it's the only shifter that I've seen that has a bend toward the driver. it has a self-lubricating bearing in the shifter. it shifts super smooth.

if they put that much work and thought into a shifter, I believe they would make a great IM.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gftgrill
I plan on buying the edelbrock IM when the funds become available. I already have an edelbrock short shifter.
Now on the flip-side of things!

I have a skunk2 short shifter, and that thing is top notch! So im not biased towards the Edelbrock Mani!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in