Omni Power - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Omni Power

Has anyone used the Omni Power full coilover set up - or just slip overs ??
Jason@Rage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
minimesleeper

i would like to. they are the next coilovers i will be trying. they look great.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2004, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

when i upgrade my suspension... i am going to use the omni power full street coilover system..
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2004, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

have my full coilover setup w/ 12k front and 10k rear on order. hopefully be here in a week or 2
EGRacersInc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

my buddy just put them on his eg....try to get some pictures sometime thisweek and his comments on them. he also grabbed the camber kit
Old 12-24-2004, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

FACTS:
'00 DX hatchback. Car is 100% stock.
Omnipower Sport Coilovers 12k (648 lbs) frt - 10k (540 lbs) rear
Installed per KTeller's preload instructions.
Very easy installation and adjustment of collars.
Reversed rates for 10k front and 12k rear to induce more rotation on track with no sway currently in place.
Car lowered 1.25" all around from stock.
No re-alignment performed.

IMPRESSIONS:
Car rides A LOT stiffer. If memory serves me correctly OE rates are somewhere in the area of 140 lbs frt - 99 lbs rear. The car has a bounce to it similar to an over-dampened feel, yet takes big bumps (train tracks) with a nice feel. Consulted KTeller with impressions. Comments; 1) Omni does not recommend reversing rates and has experienced past comments to "bouncing feel" when this has been done, 2) re-check preload and reduce as needed, 3) 10k/12k is just "firm" on the street.

QUESTIONS/SOLUTIONS:
1. Preload - This has been a hotly debated topic on the H-T board in reference to the ride quality of these shocks. While the KTeller instructions tell you how to perform it, they do not specify more than "add 0.5" preload." Upon measurement I have 0.7 - 0.8" preload on the shocks from the top of the threaded shock rod - lower side of the 19mm lock nut. I plan to re-adjust these to 0.4" and see if compliance increases.

2. If #1 fails to help I will order a set of 8k springs and swap the rates to 8k (432 lbs) frt - 10k (540 lbs) rear and retest. Only ordered Sport versions because they were the only version on sale when I ordered them from Modacar. Got them for $535 shipped.

Overall I have been happy with my purchase but need more time to determine if the compliance can be adjusted to my tastes. For the record, I've owned a heavily modded ITR with 11k/8k coilovers and a stock S2K so I've very familiar with "firm" ride characteristics. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Update 01.15.05 - After conversations with some instructor level drivers I decided to eliminate all preload on the suspension. I was told that preload should only be used to corner weight the car for better balance. Essentially, at full suspension droop (car elevated) I wanted just enough preload to prevent spring movement. The ride has changed dramatically! No longer do I get a bounce from driving and the shocks seem a lot smoother. The ride is still very firm but a lot more tolerable with no loss in performance. I'm much happier.

Last edited by RStoR; 01-16-2005 at 01:21 PM.
RStoR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2004, 07:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
bspeed

nice review
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 08:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 RaveN1814 is learning the way of the DRaveN1814 is learning the way of the D

I have the omni sports on my car. I installed them per the instructions that omni sent me. My opinion? I think they're great! Every one kept saying they were REALLY stiff and what not, I was almost afraid that they would beat me up once I put them on. The first time I drove the car with them on I was extremely satisfied. They are perfect, stiff, but not too stiff.
RaveN1814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2005, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i would go with d2, they have way more adjustment options on it
sleepingrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 ReDemoN is learning the way of the DReDemoN is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

BEWARE Omni has a recall on all true coilovers. They say the lower collars break. Its a manufacture defect.
Clicky Pow There is one picture. Just make sure they have the bigger collar on them.
ReDemoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 RaveN1814 is learning the way of the DRaveN1814 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDemoN
BEWARE Omni has a recall on all true coilovers. They say the lower collars break. Its a manufacture defect.
Clicky Pow There is one picture. Just make sure they have the bigger collar on them.
Has this problem been fixed yet? I just had mine installed a couple of weeks ago, should I be worried?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

you should be worried. there is no "formal" recall. talk to the dealer you bought them from to get the re-designed/stronger lower cups.

if you don't get them for free or if they hassle you, threaten legal action with a class action lawsuit from all the other people on H-T that have this problem.
DOHCDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCDX
you should be worried. there is no "formal" recall. talk to the dealer you bought them from to get the re-designed/stronger lower cups.

if you don't get them for free or if they hassle you, threaten legal action with a class action lawsuit from all the other people on H-T that have this problem.
How do I know that I did or didn't get the re-designed/stronger lower cups? I got mine on in the mail on the 15th of July. Is that recent enough to have the new ones or not?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 15 Jason@Rage is learning the way of the DJason@Rage is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Any issues that Omni has had have been work on and worked out. All the lower sleeves/collers have been replaced and warrantyed by Omni.

The MC issue is also found to be due to the fluid eating thru the seals. This issue has also be fixed but some of the units out need to be replaced. Units sold now will have more info on the fluid needs and install instructions.

If you are interested in the Omni deal i linked into this reply let us know. We use OMNI on every car we race and drive on the streets.

Jason Whitfield
Jason@Rage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

RageRacing & Omni = good for u.

Maybe off topic...
Purchased a set of Omni slipovers from Rage. The BEST customer service I've ever recieved. Thank you Shanin and Jason. The slipovers are very nice!

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 JBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to JBO237

i run the omnis with the sport rates......have 0 preload so i can be nice and low daily drivin but bring it back up a bit and run it like RStoR does for the auto-x.

very pleased with them and agree that they are..."firm"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JBO237 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respectcrxmrdr  is slowly gaining respect

i have omni power full coilovers on my crx and i love them ride is somewhat stiff but bearable.
crxmrdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in