any1 with azenis??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2004, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default any1 with azenis???

hey im thinking about getting some and well i just wanted to know how many miles people get out of them, i know it wont be too much but just wondering.
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2004, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
civicvxhatch

Very good tires and last a good some time, my buddy has them and hes had the set on there for a year and they still have some tread left! He autocrosses with them!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2004, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Apex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I luv mine! They wrap my rotas nicely and they have awesome treadwear. Some people say there not sticky enough, yeah right, heat those bad boys up in the canyons and out corner crotch rockets! I love my tires. I wont go with anything else, well except on my accord with 18" Nitto NT450 extremes. :P
Apex001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2004, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
not a wanksta

Rep Power: 15 save a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

they generally last me 8-9 months however that's going to the canyon about 3 nights a week and i drive about 50 miles a day. but they really are THAT good and heating them up makes all the difference as well. they definitely stick. you wont be sorry you bought them.
save a civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2004, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

azenis ..... my friend has some on his GTI and we always go tear up the canyons .... Im jealous of his tires. The tread on those things are awesome as well ....
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
bspeed

How about road noise are they loud or tollerable?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

They make noise. They dont last that long, especially if your toe is jacked up... but then again, these are the hands-down best bang-for-buck summer tire you can get...period.

The #1 national autocross champions in STS have been on Azenis for years now, followed by a huge pack of more Azenis drivers.

An alternative that might last a little more is the Kuhmo MX, but they are reportedly less stable in the rain than Azenis, and they cost a wee bit more.

The noise doesnt matter if you are using these tires for wha they are made for.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Apex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enoughApex001 will become famous soon enough

mine dont make noise. but then again I have my radio up. heat them up and go baby go! make your passenger grap onto the oh'shit handle in the canyons!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
not a wanksta

Rep Power: 15 save a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the community

dude, apex your avitar seriously cracks me up every time i see it. i swear i have to side scroll to the right so i cant see it, otherwise i keep laughing and everyone looks at me (i'm at work). where did you get it? thats the funniest shiz man...
Old 10-18-2004, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

some chic sent it to me. I tripped out on it so I made it my avatar. haha. she can shake it like a salt shaker huh. lol...
Old 10-19-2004, 01:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Rayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

I mainly used my Azenis for auto-x. . .They were absolutely awesome for what you pay. I will definitely put a set on the CRX at some point next year.
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2004, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
not a wanksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex001
some chic sent it to me. I tripped out on it so I made it my avatar. haha. she can shake it like a salt shaker huh. lol...
holy spumoni man, that shiz is so funny, i swar i know some girls that would really think that was made after them. lmao all the way home...
Old 10-19-2004, 06:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 JBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JBO237

luv mine, auto-x or just street they rock.....dont care too much for puddles though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JBO237 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2004, 09:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
jb2178

my buddy had them on his z3 coupe - they wer bad ass on an small road couse in gainesville - maybe the best tires I've ever driven... tread wear sucked but who cares when you're glued to the road
Old 10-20-2004, 03:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
not a wanksta

i found this on the azenis wear... it is a well documented summary of what the car was used for, measurements, length of time and so on showing the wear on his azenis tires. it should answer your question:

http://www.coneslayer.org/tech/tires/Azenis.html

Last edited by save a civic; 10-20-2004 at 03:27 PM. Reason: forgot the link
Old 10-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

Top Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcanoTop Aussie is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

ive heard nothin but good things about azenzis here in oz.
Top Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by save a civic
i found this on the azenis wear... it is a well documented summary of what the car was used for, measurements, length of time and so on showing the wear on his azenis tires. it should answer your question:

http://www.coneslayer.org/tech/tires/Azenis.html
thnaks that actually helped a bunch.
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Sprayin95Hatch

good tires i went to the track and was lauching at about 4300 with them
Old 11-22-2004, 07:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

I have been running them on both of my cars for awhile. I get about 12,000 miles out of the 14s on my hatch and about 18,000 miles on the 15s on my accord. Road noise? can not hear a damn bit of it. They are absolutely awesome once they heat up.

To settle all arguements that they suck in the rain, why would you be driving really fast in the rain? As long as you are not exceeding your limits in the rain, you will be fine. I have used them in the rain and they work perfect. Just dont drive like you do in the summer. lol They do not do so well for hydroplaning, but what tire really does? To sum up what I am saying, just drive safetly in the rain with them like you would with any tire and you will be fine.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 03:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy

well i myself purchased a set of azenis 195/60r14 tires and they were a bitch to get onto my steelies but well worth it they stiffened the ride up alot and realy improved my handling but yes they arent the best in the rain i tend to leave a smoky trail trying to pull out of my driveway and going around corners and getting on the gas to get up to speed.........but all in al they get a 10/10 from me

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers
d1589hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in