Helms manual. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Arachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Helms manual.

This is by far one of the best shop manuals out there that you can get. Most if not all your newbie tech answers can be found in this here book. So take your time Mr. DIY, get the book and read a little bit. You'll find things you've never known that your car even had.

Some things covered are: engine, torque specs, lubrication, cooling, heating, anything and everything you can think of besides painting!!! So get this damn book to make your life easier and quit asking those newbie questions that's already been answered a dozen times before.
Arachnid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2004, 02:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 Lule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I couldn't agree more! It's the best $60 you can spend on your car.
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 03:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I like mine free, from the dealer.

Helps to know a Honda Tech that drives/races a VW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2004, 03:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lule
I couldn't agree more! It's the best $60 you can spend on your car.
Except for when the binding comes loose, and you no longer have pages anymore

Helms on CD=The Win!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Normworldhero is learning the way of the DNormworldhero is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Normworldhero

I am looking on the Helms website to order this book, but I want to make sure I get the right volume. Is everyone using the "service manual"? There is also a "service manual supplement" which has the same description. Which do I need to get? I'm looking for mostly drivetrain help.
Normworldhero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....

i got my helms for free through the internet.
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2004, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
HatchDX-SI

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95
i got my helms for free through the internet.
wowee. How about giving out a link?

Here`s a LINK to some manuals in case anyone is interested:

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic4ges

Helms on CD=The Win!
yeah that the bad side of thing but other than that the book is worth its weight in gold.... couldnt agree more

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2004, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchDX-SI
wowee. How about giving out a link?

Here`s a LINK to some manuals in case anyone is interested:

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/
check this website for some manuals http://www.redpepperracing.com/technical/ or this crx one http://www.binghamtonlife.com/manual/manual.htm but dont click on the downloads but only click the online mechanical and electrical service manual. Also check in the homemadeturbo.com forums it should be stickied.
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
jb2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic4ges
or when your bitch-ass dog chews a couple pages out of it - hope I don't need that info!!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

i really like both the helms and the haynes manuals. both have extensive information, and are well-written. either of these are a must for anybody whose a DIY, or even just wants to know a little more about their car.

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
not a wanksta

Rep Power: 15 save a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the communitysave a civic  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

helms also has an "electrial service manual" for civics that is super sweet to have for those of you who (and me) who suck at wiring. it was $30 if i rememer right and it is year specific! worth it!
save a civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2004, 10:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1cam

best 60 bucks spent.....love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1cam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2004, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 vtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunna

where did you get one for sixty?
vtecnitrocrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2004, 11:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
92SIvic

i have both the Halms and the Honda manual. and i personally like the honda manual over the helms... just my oppinion tho..
Old 02-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
eg6hatch315

Is the helms that much better then the Haynes? The Haynes I have isnt that bad, should I buy the Helm?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all

Let's put it this way. The guys at Haynes more than likely used Helms as thier primary reference.

Helms is the Honda Factory Service Manual that is used at the dealership.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2005, 06:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
eg6hatch315

Quote:
Originally Posted by sts2soon
Let's put it this way. The guys at Haynes more than likely used Helms as thier primary reference.

Helms is the Honda Factory Service Manual that is used at the dealership.
So its THAT in depth, hrmmm I might have to pick up one of em. Quite pricey tho
Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all

All I can say is dont buy one yet...unless you cannot wait till the end of February. I'm working on an online version of the manual that will be unlike any other available.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2005, 03:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Noeladams

I have the chilton manual for my car ( never use it )

I normally use the Mitchell On Demand Software. I always thought chilton manuals were the stuff until recently. lol.

Noeladams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in