Price of Anti-freeze - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wleach11

Default Price of Anti-freeze

Why did anti-freeze go up so much?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wleach11
It did???

I dont think I have ever even checked how much antifreeze was when I bought some!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2004, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
bspeed

beats me, especially since there are only two manufacturers of antifreeze in the whole country. thats right only two companies make all the different brands of antifreeze. maybe they are owned by those fags in OPEC. ha ha.

Old 10-13-2004, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wleach11

It doubled in price last week. From 3-5 per gallon to 9-10 a gallon. At least it did here in Kansas/Missouri.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Arachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the communityArachnid  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

monopolying mtf's
Arachnid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

ethylene glycol, water, and additives... shouldn't be expensive unless one of the plants closed down

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2004, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
davens

I just bought a gallon tonight for $6.28 of Prestone extended service
Not that prediluted 50/50 "ready-pour" crap. That's a scam, they only put in 1/2 a gallon of antifreeze, top it off with water and sell it for the same price? Is the average consumer really that lazy?
Old 10-15-2004, 05:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wleach11
it's almost winter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by davens
I just bought a gallon tonight for $6.28 of Prestone extended service
Not that prediluted 50/50 "ready-pour" crap. That's a scam, they only put in 1/2 a gallon of antifreeze, top it off with water and sell it for the same price? Is the average consumer really that lazy?
Yes
Old 10-15-2004, 07:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

gotta love free coolant from Honda.

I haven't bought any for 6-7 years, but have a 10 year stock pile!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2004, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

i buy the Type-2 coolant from Honda. It's premixed so you just open and pour.

I like the piece of mind form using genuine Honda stuff

Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2004, 10:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

10$ here in texas too...
WTF?
Im actually going with VP racing stuff now like I use in my bikes..
If I can rev a honda motor over 13K RPMs with it I know it will do good im my car!!!
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
gotta love free coolant from Honda.

I haven't bought any for 6-7 years, but have a 10 year stock pile!!!!!!!
again, i reinterate, 6-7 is the norm.. haha. j/k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in