Muffler?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
civicnar

Default Muffler??

Well when I bought my exhaust I went the cheap route and I kick myself for it alot. I bought a chikara header and a monsa cat back. I also put in an OBX high flow cat. The reason that I wanna change it is that it is so loud that everyone complains about it. I was wondering if I bought a skunk2 or Apexi or HKS muffler if it would help. Is there a difference in the piping from the muffler to the cat between my monsa and like an APEXI. I am trying to stay away from buying another cat back. I am eventually going to turbo so my header is good for now. Please let me know if you know of any that will sound good. I want a quiet exhaust that is low not the annoying high raspy sound that I have. Please help. Thanks

James
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2004, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
icE_x

my exhaust is stock with no tailpipe and holes drilled into the muffler and it sounds low lol...

1) Stay away from OBx if you can. You alrdy bought the cat, but not this for future reference.

2) Every muffler has its sound. Usually depends on your system setup. I heard HKS was good, but anything is better than what you have now, right?
Old 08-30-2004, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

get rid of the obx "cat" and put a resonator in there shoudld get rid of the raspy sound.
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2004, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

heh I have a 20" resonator and just bought an Edelbrock RPM muffler. DO NOT BUY ONE!!! read my post here http://turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?p=89428#89428

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2004, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

Running DC 4-2-1 2pc header with stock cat (looking at hi-flo cats for next spring) and Espelir JGT500 stainless 2 1/4" cat-back.

Sounds nice and deep. Beautifully loud and growly on WOT. deep, low but definitely noticeable on idle and crusing. worth the money you pay for it hands down. 3 year warranty on it is nice as well.

let's not forget the mad JDM blang factor

i have pics on my cardomain page

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/480347/12

P.S. trust me on this one...based on daily driving with it on my '95 EG with D15B7 N/A engine, you wont have to worry about the annoying farting/rapsing/angry bumble bee in a tuna can sound. there's a reason the Espelir exhausts cost more and thats becuase you get what you pay for. if I ever had to buy any other exhaust, it would be a Skunk2 or JIC. the JDM exhaust systems are worth the money you shell out for them IMO because they sound bad ass and work like they are supposed to without complaint.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste

Last edited by Steve-O; 09-01-2004 at 04:02 AM.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2004, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

^^ im digging the jdm factor you are rocking steve o. keep up the good work.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

I recently installed a ractive midpipe and real 5zigen fireball rear section and all i can say is wow!!! Such a sweet sound from that muffler, and its very quiet at idle, now when you get on it it tends to get a little loud, but never sounds nasty.
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2004, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchblacktyper
^^ im digging the jdm factor you are rocking steve o. keep up the good work.
thanks man. adding a roll call to the doors in the coming weeks and a few other key company logos in carefully planned areas on the car. I love JDM but I just can't seem to get away from the touring car graphic theme either. guess it's the auotX'er/World Challenge lover in me

Anyways, enough of my thread jacking here...back to the topic at hand

Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2004, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 vtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunnavtecnitrocrx is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I can back up the 5Zigen with a Ractive midpipe. I had the same setup about two years ago...sounds good.

I have to give it up for the HKS Hi Power on my hatch though, one of the best exhaust I have ever had/heard on a Honda. I have had many compliments...I rolled the dice on getting it and it worked out well. I am rolling a 2.5 inch midsection using a 20" glasspack mounted packwards basically functioning as a resonsator to quiet the raspiness. Motor is an H22 so I am sure that adds a bit too it, but don't doubt the HKS.
vtecnitrocrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

dont buy a whole new catback

go buy a muffler and go get custom piping - shouldnt be too spendy

stay away from apex'i N1s ... your trying to get away from loud exhausts
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2004, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

yeah, i second that one. if you don't like loud exhausts, stay away from anything modeled after the N1. i have a tseudo fireball exhaust that was modeled after the n1, and the fucker is loud. it's deep and nice, but still loud. talk about killing the sleeper effect.

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in