Maxbore.com D16 TB Ported 60mm - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 04:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
jb2178

Talking Maxbore.com D16 TB Ported 60mm

This is awesome - I know a lot of you have seen his site but have any of you seen his work first hand, very very nice. I sent him my old D16Z6 Throttle body with a bad TPS on it and for $135 ($35 for the TPS) he dissassembles, ports to your specs, sand blasts and refits a new valve plate. This thing looks like new - I ported mine to 60mm - I was a little worried about the thickness of the sidewalls before I got it back but they seem plenty thick.I have a new TPS bolted on and now I'm just wating on my exospeed head and I'll get it bolted on - here's a couple pics for you guys... Jorge is a great guy and does great work!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough90zcrx will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Holy badass...

How can I get ahold of this guy? I need to do my ZC TB, and that's some damn nice work...
Short Shifter
3" Drop

*New Setup*
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Endyn Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACT 6puck
XACT 11.5lb Flywheel
Balanced
Quaife LSD
Jimfab Traction Bar
90zcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2004, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
jb2178

www.maxbore.com - send him an email

Old 08-30-2004, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

this maxbore guy is a madman and his prices are on the money. im going to be sending him some stuff .thanks for the heads up .
modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2004, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Rip-off! You can get a B or H Series TB for $50.00, maybe less.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2004, 01:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

A complete B-Series TB with sensors is typically around $100+. Also keep in mind that www.maxbore.com can bore to *YOUR* specs. This may not be the most cost effective option for a d-series, but it is really a deal for someone with a 60mm TB already and wants to go larger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2004, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
A complete B-Series TB with sensors is typically around $100+. Also keep in mind that www.maxbore.com can bore to *YOUR* specs. This may not be the most cost effective option for a d-series, but it is really a deal for someone with a 60mm TB already and wants to go larger.
also good for the y8 auto and y7 that has the three wire iacv.
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2004, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
You CAN'T bore over 60mm with D16 TB (I suppose that all D are similar), I did really nice job by myself on mine (I'm machinist too), and at 60mm (d16y7 TB), THIN wall for thighting CAI, Over that It may shrink and destroy vaccuum passages, and for now at 60mm trottle plate bushings are little bit touched. If you want to bore over than 60, go with B or H TB. That's it.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i got my gsr TB for 50 shipped and its great, but ill keep that in mind just in case i port my intake manifold further
bermanator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2004, 06:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
i am the walrus.

Rep Power: 22 seano is hot as a volcanoseano is hot as a volcano
seano is hot as a volcanoseano is hot as a volcanoseano is hot as a volcanoseano is hot as a volcanoseano is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to seano Send a message via AIM to seano

Looks great.

I <3 D-series.org members!

seano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
jb2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Rip-off! You can get a B or H Series TB for $50.00, maybe less.
I bought a used throttle body, actually 2 of em and the one I installed is junk - my idle bounces cause the betterfly valve sticks when it's closed and the ecu has to bounce the throttle to keep it between stalling and 2000 rpms. If you can find a B or H TB for $50 the reason it's $50 is probably cause it's a used hunk of shit like my used one - but the maxbore one I got is completely disassembled and cleaned and bored - smooth action from closed to WOT - and a working TPS - for $135 - no that's not a rip off - a BBK 62mm throttle body for $285 is a rip off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in