DC Sports 4-1 header - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2004, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default DC Sports 4-1 header

Manuf: www.dcsports.com
Part #: HHS5613b

I had researched my header purchase for many months. I was dead set on a 4-1 style with equal length tubes. There were very few options...

1. cheap-ass ebay crap
2. bisimoto
3. DC

thankfully i came across a GREAT deal on a used one that was in great condition.

Initial impressions:
The header is well built. the welds are perfect as is the fitment. all the bends and transitions are smooth with minimal bends. in all, this is probably the best header you can get for the $$.

Install:
the install was painless and very straightforward. everything bolts up like OEM, and fits flawlessly. MAD props to DC for building a product that fits perfectly.

Performance:
I have a ZC SOHC VTEC with AEM CAI and glasspack 2.25" exhaust setup on oem cat. other than that, it's all stock. I was skeptical at first, would the header really make that much of a difference....
I was happily surprised. The engine feels as if it's come to life. The entire powerband is opened up. No questioning some solid gains in both power and torque, top and bottom of the RPM band. BY FAR, one of the best bolt ons you can add to your ride.

this product gets a score of 10 out of 10 by me.

Last edited by DOHCDX; 08-29-2004 at 02:11 PM.
DOHCDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

didn't like the Dynatech or Airmass pieces?

Looks like a dead copy of my 7 year old Stillen, but DC used their collector which I'm not fond of.

But gently used parts for the right price, nothing better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

i couldn't find either (new or used) to compare to. i've owned an airmass header for my old b-series but it was 4-2-1.

anyway, $150 shipped in damn near mint condition is something i couldn't pass up

Old 08-29-2004, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
sohcbuilder

save your money and get a bisimoto i talked to the guys at exospeed and they said it gets 8 more hp well worth the extra 300, i think if your going to do it go all out.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
egOt

.......some people actually like to have ps and ac in their cars and the dc 4-1 is still a good header. And whats the point of suggesting the bisi header when he already bought the dc? Most likely i'll be getting the the dc 4-1 too. Stupid Cali emissions laws.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohcbuilder
save your money and get a bisimoto i talked to the guys at exospeed and they said it gets 8 more hp
maybe so.

but for $589 for an uncoated header... i'll keep the $439 extra and put it into a cam and tuning.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCDX
maybe so.

but for $589 for an uncoated header... i'll keep the $439 extra and put it into a cam and tuning.
Hell yeah. Money spent smartly.

BTW post #2000. Time to lay low awhile!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2004, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
sohcbuilder

cool but you will never get to fill the full potential of the cam, or your car becouse you took a cheap route. that is just my way of looking at it, i dont want to wonder what times i could have run if i had the best set up. if you have it then you know your are running to your cars fullest potential. i do understand the point of the a.c. and p.s. situatiohow ever you need to decide what you want. i want speed so i sacrifice. its like when you lower your car you sacrifice ride quality, but gain being able to take corners doing 50.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

since when is DC considered cheap? hell, before the bisi header, DCs were damn near the best you could buy.

some of us do have budgets to work with. i for one, am on a very tight budget. besides, bolt ons only do so much. it's not until you change the internal dynamics of the engine that you really start to extract power from it.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
sohcbuilder

i understand that. i'm not talking about basic bolt-on i said going all out with everything. i understad the budget thing i've been building my car for 3 years now. i'm married with 2 kids and bills up the ass. but it takes a lot of patients, i saved up for 7 mounths for my bisimoto. i'm not dissing anybodies set up i just thought i would give my thought on the set up. and i think its cool you found such a great deal on your header.

Last edited by sohcbuilder; 08-30-2004 at 01:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in