Honda D Series Forum banner

ZC hatch

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  waynesumner 
#1 ·
I found this ZC hatch in the junkyard. it was pretty much complete but the manifolds taken off and valve cover. would this be a good come up? let me know on what the best price would be for this and if it would be a smart decision. what could be wrong with it since it is at a junk yard? the cams and valves seemed to be pretty clean and it was new since the last time I was there.

#2 ·
What do you mean by "come up"?

Price depends on condition, what's the condition?

Any number of things could be wrong with it. Is it in the junk yard because it was hit or because of mechanical failure? Trans could be busted, block could be cracked, bearings could be welded to the crank, cylinders almost certainly have rust on them, brackets could be broken, and any number of things...

If I buy a motor from a junk yard, it's to rebuild it. Unless the junk yard gives it a clean bill of health, with a guarantee...

#3 ·
x2. if the head was still clean if has only been open for a day or 2. if you want it make sure to do a full inpesction pull the oil pan mostly. if your gona take the tranny make sure you open it before you buy it (all you need is snap ring plyers, flat head, 12mm socket and some wrenchs). if it s PicknPull tranny in good condtion is a deal, the engine for just a very rare find unless its running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.