What is a mini me swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Everything Else Ľ New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 123065 has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What is a mini me swap

Can someone educate me please. I don't know that much about Honda interchangeable engine builds. I keep seeing people calling their engine builds a mini me build. Looks like a D series engine to me. I picked up a time attack civic with a D16z6 and it is my first ever FWD race car. Please be nice I know I am most likely asking a stupid question ...
123065 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

If you know you're asking a stupid question then why did you post it here when it would have taken you 5 seconds of reading on Google?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
If you know you're asking a stupid question then why did you post it here when it would have taken you 5 seconds of reading on Google?
You ever google search anything Honda? You end up getting 99% bullshit and may be if you look really hard you can find something truthful. I figured someone might be so kind in helping me out. Again first Honda race car.

Last edited by 123065; 05-26-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

"First off, it has nothing to do with that little dude from the Austin Powers movies. The Mini-Me is a VTEC head swap for the 88-00 Honda D-series motors. It involves taking a SOHC VTEC D-series head and attaching it to a Non-VTEC block. There are only two different D-series VTEC heads that are used for this swap."

http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/cyber13/minimeinfo.html

courtesy of fucking google.

do some deduction, if 3 or more sites say the same fucking thing, take it as word. stop being lazy.

as payment for doing the leg work, I shall take some of your rep
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Really not trying to be a smartass here but:

Here’s a good thread:

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...i-me-info.html

There’s also a ton of other info here.

Pro tip - google “site:d-series.org (topic)” for best results when searching this site

Edit: slo killed it w that link. That pretty much covers it all from the looks of it.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 05-26-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouin92 View Post
You ever google search anything Honda?
Yeah, it's how I get all the information I need for anything Honda related or anything for that matter that I don't know or am unsure about in a matter of seconds or worst case a few minutes of reading.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

What is the point of joining a forum if the answer to everything is going to be to google it?
I was just hoping that someone that had built one or had a little insight could chime in.

I read that post off My Mini-Me Info Page

after I had already posted. Sorry for distracting everybody from their google searches.

I won't post anything again.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

if you have a question that is technical and requires some thought, this is the place to get ideas. if youre asking one of the basic most asked questions around, expect to get treated like a retard.

I don't go ask Gordon ramsey how to make a fucking pb&j without expecting to catch some shit after he gets done facepalming himself to death
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
if you have a question that is technical and requires some thought, this is the place to get ideas. if youre asking one of the basic most asked questions around, expect to get treated like a retard.

I don't go ask Gordon ramsey how to make a fucking pb&j without expecting to catch some shit after he gets done facepalming himself to death
Cool man you put me in my place. Thank you........
Old 05-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouin92 View Post
What is the point of joining a forum if the answer to everything is going to be to google it?
I was just hoping that someone that had built one or had a little insight could chime in.

I read that post off My Mini-Me Info Page

after I had already posted. Sorry for distracting everybody from their google searches.

I won't post anything again.
Please bro, donít be discouraged by this kind of response. This is a GREAT community and there is no better source for D series knowledge than here.

Just understand that the guys who are still around have seen and answered a lot of the same questions many times over many years. There have been a lot of members who have dedicated time and energy to document the lessons theyíve learned so itís a little frustrating when all of this great info gets overlooked because of a lack of searching.

Some of us are more patient than others. Thick skin will serve you well in the beginning of your time here. Stick around, learn what you can, and at least give the impression that youíve looked around before you ask a basic question

Good luck

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Please bro, donít be discouraged by this kind of response. This is a GREAT community and there is no better source for D series knowledge than here.

Just understand that the guys who are still around have seen and answered a lot of the same questions many times over many years. There have been a lot of members who have dedicated time and energy to document the lessons theyíve learned so itís a little frustrating when all of this great info gets overlooked because of a lack of searching.

Some of us are more patient than others. Thick skin will serve you well in the beginning of your time here. Stick around, learn what you can, and at least give the impression that youíve looked around before you ask a basic question

Good luck
this.

there is only 1 asshole here. don't let the one ruin the few.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Please bro, don’t be discouraged by this kind of response. This is a GREAT community and there is no better source for D series knowledge than here.

Just understand that the guys who are still around have seen and answered a lot of the same questions many times over many years. There have been a lot of members who have dedicated time and energy to document the lessons they’ve learned so it’s a little frustrating when all of this great info gets overlooked because of a lack of searching.

Some of us are more patient than others. Thick skin will serve you well in the beginning of your time here. Stick around, learn what you can, and at least give the impression that you’ve looked around before you ask a basic question

Good luck
Thanks but I'm good.

I don't know much about Hondas and I guess asking questions is a bad idea as well. Man when I was road racing a third gen Camaro mullets and all those guys were a lot more helpful to the newbie.

My car is running and I have had no problems road racing it, so I guess when I do have a problem I will just google it and figure it out. I'll find a different place to ask stupid questions which is how started all of this was that I had a stupid question.

Last edited by 123065; 05-26-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Asking questions is perfectly acceptable. We as a site simply ask that a little effort actually be made in part to research. After all, working on a car and its components require a certain level of resourcefulness.

Having a racecar especially denotes that some time be made to gather information.

I can tell you, there is a metric boatload of it available both on here and across a few other honda sites. LOTS of resources for sure.

At the same time, when you post on a forum, you are basically requesting other users' time and effort. It sounds a bit snooty, but its realistic.

Just about all the active users on here are pretty freakin helpful in some way or another, some are extensively helpful, giving they have documented various entire car builds from the ground up.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

So exactly what is accomplised by being an asshole to newcomers ? And is this accepted by the others on here? Its just weird.
saefifty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2018, 08:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Who said it was acceptable?

Im not a user on here to babysit other's attitudes.

Some people on here are rightfully blunt, as many times more than not, new users simply come up and stir the pot.

You appear to have some thick skin. Grab a beer, and watch a few of the new users in the next few weeks. You'll see lol.

In the mean time, as a racecar owner, you may want to take a look into oil cooling and if you have a tuning solution, might wanna dick around with ignition timing for long duration races

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2018, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by saefifty View Post
So exactly what is accomplised by being an asshole to newcomers ? And is this accepted by the others on here? Its just weird.

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Grab a beer
Did someone call?

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saefifty View Post
So exactly what is accomplised by being an asshole to newcomers ?
Not a lot.

I've seen unhelpful replies that probably took longer to post than answering the original question might have done.

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
I had to google 'pb&j' ...

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2018, 08:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Asshole

I bet you got your answer a lot faster than posting here and waiting for a reply too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in