Introduction of KevinMCMXXCIX :) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2018, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Introduction of KevinMCMXXCIX :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin. I live in The Netherlands, Europe.
I live together with my fiance and she drive an EJ6 with y8 mods and we have a BMW diesel but the engine needs replacement.

I'm "new" here. I registered today but I am familiar with the site already.
But since I was often here searching for info and tips I decided to register.

So at this moment I drive a 1995 Honda Civic Coupe. (EJ2)
Which I had for more then 6 years now. Still love the car and it already has nearly 300k km's on chassis and block.
Yeah, I drive a lot haha. It's my daily.

The car has some changes done which are:
Stock underblock, Z6 cylinder head who is skidded and the valves are a little shaved. Z6 intake mani with a PW:JDM carbon whale penis intake with filter. ECU chipped and a base map with launch control and shift light. Stock tranny.
Megan racing 4-2-1 header with original cat. And an SRS G35 catback exhaust.

Sport street tires with a Racing Logic suspenion which can be adjusted in height and stiffness. Front tower strut bar. stock brakes and wheels.

Some interior mods like an other knob and an arm rest and a luxury mid console and other radio.
Amber corners with blackhousing headlights with bright h4 bright light bulbs.
Type R front and rear lip.

Parts I have laying around an what plans I have are the following.

Parts I already have:
- Stage 2 clutch and a lighter flywheel
- Yellow fog lights
- Momo steering wheel
- Adjustable cam gear
- D16Y8 engine with Y8 head and a S20 tranny (mounting the clutch and lighter flywheel in this tranny)

Plans:
- Restore the cars body (remove rust and dents and scratches)
- Anti corrosion treatment with tectyl on the underbody.
- Swapping the engine after it's done with prepping. (More a little later)
- Bucket seats with 4 point belts.
- A hub for my steering wheel (no snap off)
- Other wheels
- Extra strut bars or cage.
- Turbo (more a little later)

So as for the engine it's an y8 engine with around 160k kms on it.
The inside looks neat and unabused. It does has some corrosion in the cylinder tubes. And I am searching the best way to clean it. Any tips?

I am going to prep the engine for swapping in my EJ2. So the older motor who takes quite some oil at some times can be replaced. Before changing the valve seals or to get a new head gasket I hope to get the other engine in.
If I notice any more oil useage i'll get it done before the other engines comes in. I driving more then 500kms a week and I ain't flooring it. Only often while the oil is warm. So it's not due to flooring or whatever.

So onward with the new engine. Since I am planning to go on boost I think it's easier to mount it on the engine while it's outside the car already. And also prep the engine for it. I am looking for 7-8 PSI or 0.5 bar for safe use. and aiming towards a 200- 250 hp. I am in debate with myself wether or not to make the engine stronger with the needed parts to go to 0.7 bar to 1.2 bar max. So if you have info be free to post it up. I searched this forum and others for tips and tricks and info about turbo kits. Ebay, CX, Emusa or create a kit myself. You hear many different stories about the above kits. One is good the other is bad.

So I had the idea of picking parts myself for example: mishimote intercooler, a Holset or a Garrett or Greddy turbo (kit). Or maybe even a 14G or 16G. I don't own a welding machine so I prefer not too weld. But if needed because you can't go turbo without it I have people who can do it for me. I also want a cast iron exhaust or a thick RVS one. I want quality so the price doesn't matter that much. but I hope to stay under 2500 euros for the turbo built.

I also prefer to keep my AC and mount my fog lights so that it can drive turbo and let the intercooler piping go after it.

That's about it for now.

Can't wait to gain and give tips and make it a good one.

Regards,

Kevin

"..Revving up the engine.."
"..Listen to her howling roar.."
"..Metal under tension.."
"..Begging you to touch and go.."
KevinMCMXXCIX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Welcome, Kevin.

Do you go to Hondafest? I'll probably miss the Meppen meeting next month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2018, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Kevinio smells like BoratKevinio smells like BoratKevinio smells like BoratKevinio smells like BoratKevinio smells like Borat

You're also here? Haha.. Post also pictures of the EK3, so people will know what you're capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Welcome, Kevin.

Do you go to Hondafest? I'll probably miss the Meppen meeting next month.
That's a shame! I think it will be epic with also camping.
Kevinio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 01:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks Sailor.
Nope i'm not going. My Honda isn't ready for any meet at the moment.
At least that's my opinion. :P

Hey Kevin this is a great site for info and stuff.
Funny that you're on this site also. Hahaha.
Pics will come soon

Old 05-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

It turns out that I will be in Germany next weekend - and only 200km away from Meppen. I'm thinking about a day trip on Saturday. Oddly, the Meet web page doesn't give ticket prices for just turning up on the day (it does for Sunday, though).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Never hurts to go anyway right? I think they have an opinion for people who come driving without getting a ticket. You probably can buy at the door too. The weather is great so I would take the chance if I were you.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I didn't get there in the end.
As you say, the weather was great, but Saturday turned out to be the only day we could get together with some friends we really wanted to see.
I thought I'd compensate by going to the Ring, but Friday wasn't a Public day and I was busy the day before.
So we've just got home feeling like opportunities have been missed. Ah, well, we'll be back in Deutschland before too long.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Oh that's too bad. Well at least you had a good day with your friends right?
That's worth a lot too in my opinion

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in