ef ex trans problems - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ef ex trans problems

hey guys, new to this forum so first i suppose a short introduction; my name is jack and i drive an 89 dx hatchback, simple d15 dpfi. blew the trans in it so i bought an ex 5 speed off my buddy, gave me a brand new exedy clutch and pressure plate, oem flywheel with new bearing (pinion i believe??) and a new tbrowout bearing, swap went well, drove great but here we are about a month or two later and i’m driving to a meet by me, rolling up to a red light and i go to put it in neutral but shifter gets stuck somewhere between 5th and neutral (gearbox is in neutral but can’t move shifter at all) with a bit of (reluctant) force i got it to go back to normal but now there is a nasty clicking sound with clutch disengaged, both at idle and on the throttle, noise quiets down on partial throttle and is gone with clutch engaged, could this be my input shaft bearing?
backslash85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2018, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

4th and 5th gear are burnt from lack of oil, likely the three outer bearings on both shafts are toast, along with 5th gear set and hub/slider, 4th/5th gear roller bearings and collar, maybe 4th gear set.

When (not if) 5th gear on the mainshaft locks up it with strip it off the mainshaft splines but will still drive as a 4 speed till all hell breaks loose and KABOOM.

My pics were on Photobucket, so they don't work anymore.

Low on trans fluid or NO fluid, or the crappy half drill shafts for some years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2018, 02:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

drives perfectly fine (aside from click) though, probably is lack of oil because i got frustrated trying to fill it lol, was just talking to a buddy of mine and he enlightened me to filling it via vss plug so will try that after school, if noise is still there i’ll just it till it locks and buy the d16zc lsd trans my friend has

Old 04-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

You don't have a VSS plug, so that is not gonna work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

transzex, vss plug meaning vss gear itself, i know it’s a cable lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in