SOHC ZC Carbed Cam - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 SteveCity is learning the way of the DSteveCity is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default SOHC ZC Carbed Cam

I just bought a zc cam on ebay thinking it was just a normal zc one, turns out it is a carbed cam with the mechanical water pump lobe on it, I did some research and the carb cam has the same intake spec as an a6 cam, however the exhaust side has higher specs than even the non carbed zc cam. But I have not found some one running it on a fuel injected car, I want to put this in my d15b7 but this is the biggest engine upgrade I've done and don't want to put it in realizing I lost hp, or not working at all. Anyone have experience with the carbed cam? Also I do have a adjustable cam gear to compensate half tooth deal.
SteveCity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

The lobe is not for a water pump.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

It's for the mechanical fuel pump.

There was a comparison thread a few years back on H-T between the A6 cam and the carb ZC cam, the a6 cam was better i think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
It's for the mechanical fuel pump.

There was a comparison thread a few years back on H-T between the A6 cam and the carb ZC cam, the a6 cam was better i think.
The person that did the measuring will disagree, and it wasn't me.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
The person that did the measuring will disagree, and it wasn't me.
Care to put any details into this thread? I'll have to try and dig up that thread sometime.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

kwicko/davens/Tyson might be the one that did the measuring, most likely info is posted on CRX Comm. and/or HondaTech, or NorCal CRX.

He might have dropped in here on my thread about the cams I measured.

Quote:

Last edited by transzex; 03-19-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 SteveCity is learning the way of the DSteveCity is learning the way of the D

Yes the chart I saw was measured by those people, I just haven’t found anyone running that cam. So the fuel pump lobe won’t bother anything?
SteveCity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

That cam came in my replacement jdm d15b and it runs on a stock p06 w mpfi fine, but just fine. It feels like it has less bottom end than my usdm b7 and that's in a heavier 4 door w options.

That's w the same intake manifold too. And unfortunately it doesn't pull well up top w b7 intake either.

It DOES feel like it makes peak torque a little higher up than the usdm one, so I'm looking forward to a new intake (y and tuning.

Delta said it was same size as a6 cam when I thought it was same as b7 and went for a 260 regrind.

Not sure about lsa
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in