cam upgrade - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 hondaman90 is worse than Satan's assholehondaman90 is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question cam upgrade

What are your thoughts about upgrading my cam on my 90 crx dx? I am going
to do a mpfi swap on it. I have been reading threads on d-series and are asking
about the a6 cam y8 cam gear combo. Should I do this or go skunk2?
hondaman90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Personally i wouldn't run Skunk 2 parts in my motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2018, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Yes.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

A6 cam upgrade is a proven combo, just make sure with either cam ur ready to run the revs, or are ready to deal w the consequences of the revs on a worn stock motor.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Throwing an A6 cam in there is a good cheap upgrade. When we start talking about aftermarket cams you start going down the rabbit hole of "how to get the best bang for your buck"
If youre paying big bucks for a cam, you might as well get one that will actually make some power. To support a cam like that youre going to need valve springs and a lot more compression. So now at the very least you are pulling the head off and milling it for compression, or maybe building the bottom end with high comp pistons. If you have the head off you might as well do a little port cleanup, so thats more expense if you cant do it yourself. Finally, youre going to need a good header, exhaust, maybe a skunk2 intake manifold or a ported OEM manifold.

All this stuff adds up, but if youre going to do it, you might as well get the most out of it.

Then on the other hand, for all you spent trying to get ~150 hp NA, you could just put that money into a turbo setup and make more power with a much better torque curve.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 hondaman90 is worse than Satan's assholehondaman90 is worse than Satan's asshole

how many psi's could I do it safely?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

psi means dick

5 psi from a t28 is not the same as 5psi from a t66
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman90 View Post
how many psi's could I do it safely?
Somewhere between zero and infinity

Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
gonzo

t3/t4?
Old 02-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

heres your t3/t4

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

In case you didn't pick up on it -- psi is only half the equation. And 't3/t4' is not a turbo size, it's a flange design..
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2018, 06:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

How to pick a turbo. Figure out power you want ... calculate CFM needed to make said power ... pick turbo that flows said CFM efficiently.

Do math/work ... or pick WHP ... research other builds with similar numbers, mimic as needed.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

<—— Second that
Velasqs1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velasqs1 View Post
< Second that
Quote:
Hahaha wow ��
Quote:
Hahaha
You have been most helpful today...

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
You have been most helpful today...
none of them matter or count lol, so he got a pass. traffic is traffic right?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I didn't want anything to happen to him, I just like pointing out the utterly useless ass hattery that he has going on.

And

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 02-22-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
gonzo

what is the difference between a civic hx automatic and a civic hx manual intake?

besides the transmissions?

Last edited by slo_eg8; 02-26-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

IACV location...

Quote:
Old 03-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
gonzo

what would you guys suggestions be on a b2 block with an a6 head with pgm-fi intake?
Old 03-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
gonzo

also planning on getting a y7/y8 cam gear and doing an obd1 conversion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in