Hello From Houston! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 05:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Hello From Houston!

What's up guys, Here's a little bit about my 88-91 journey.
My first was a 88 std hatch, ugly tan on tan 4 speed. I loved it, but we were hit so the car was totaled.
Then I had a 89 white 4 door ex. I had a nice drop on it, intake... the typical stuff. Things were a bit wacky back then in my life so I decided to sell it.
Purchased a 1989 CRX Si after that which is what I daily now.

I had the stock d16a6 pulled out, rebuilt with forged internals. Had her going good for about 6 months when one weekend I decided to take the car to get a quick oil change instead of doing it myself LIKE ALWAYS. The oil filter was not installed properly so a couple days later on the freeway I spun a bearing due to lack of oil, I had the car towed to my buddies shop where we inspected the engine bay and undercarriage... filter would spin with just a touch, oil all on the under side of the car... I WAS PISSED. I called the lube place and got the run around, stating that "Since I had the car towed to a shop already before THEIR tech could look at the engine they weren't liable anymore."
So... there went 2gs' down the drain.

My friend loaned me a d15b2, we had it swapped and fired up by the next afternoon, and I was back on the road.

I picked up a b18 non vtec and was going to rebuild that one N/A, but decided to go ahead with a DOHC ZC non vtec for my next build. I'm currently ordering parts for the ZC conversion. I plan on eventually tracking (not drag) this CRX as I'll be purchasing my brother's 91 si for street/daily.

I have some retro/race decals on my car, some "purists" hate it, call it "rice". I love it. lol especially all the thumbs up I get on the street. The best is when kids are walking by and say "whoaaaa look a racecar" LOL gets me every time.
It's just a Nostalgic throwback to the MOBILE Honda Crx Challenge days.

I look forward to soaking up all the Knowledge on this forum! I've been a lurker for quite a while. I found the COMPLETE ZC swap guide on this forum, which has helped a ton so far!

Thanks again, Hope to hear back from you guys.
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2017, 06:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Welcome.

4th gens are the shit. Especially sedans(btw, EX models are 90 and 91 model years only).

I enjoyed my ZC in my sedan, it was pretty much plug n play. The ZC transmission is what really woke my car up.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2017, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Thanks for the correction Rico, It was a while back... lol
The ZC we're rebuilding is a Blacktop. Gonna beef up the motor for possible turbo later. Just going to see how much power we can get out of her first.

4TH GEN IS LIFE!!!
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in