O2 sensor location - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default O2 sensor location

Hello
I own a 97' EJ9, D14A4 engine, my check engine light goes on couple of minutes after I start my ride, if I turn the engine off and start it again the check engine light remain off, my mechanic told me to check the o2 sensor but I don't know where it's located, and if I have 1 or 2 sensors, also I couldn't find OBD1/2 connector to check the code for the engine light
So anybody can help me and guide where it should be located? And how to check if the sensor is good
Antecr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2017, 01:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

UP.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

It says your engine/car is obd2 on wikipedia but we don't have those engines here in the US. If it is obd2 then it will have 2 o2 sensors with 4 wires each (at least in the US), one before the catalyst and one after it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
It says your engine/car is obd2 on wikipedia but we don't have those engines here in the US. If it is obd2 then it will have 2 o2 sensors with 4 wires each (at least in the US), one before the catalyst and one after it.
as far as i know, I checked on the web, and I searched my car, I don't have OBD II connector, the Car is European Market so its a bit diiferent from the CX/DX in the US
Old 10-11-2017, 05:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

It has to have at least 1 because it is an EFI engine (albeit dual point instead of multiport).

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
It has to have at least 1 because it is an EFI engine (albeit dual point instead of multiport).
you know where can is the sensor located? I belive its after the converter
Old 10-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I search, therefore I am.

I believe this should cover the D15Z4 (it covers the D14A4, which is similar in component location). I checked the D14Z2 to make sure they didn't change anything for 2000 and the locations are the same. (The D14A4 and D14Z2 are 1.4i engines used in the UK.)

One mounted to the side of the bottom of the exhaust manifold.
One mounted on the rear of the catalytic converter.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...ensor-2749896/

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

If u only have 1 and it's after the converter something isn't correct there
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in